- Chigusa-san, the lady who runs the hotel who speaks fluent English and loves Australia
- The history of the hotel having been first built more than 300 years ago
- Central location
- Maze of rooms in an old Ryokan style fashion
- Perfect for travelers who are on a budget
- Some rooms don’t have any sort of bathroom
- Free laundry facilities
- Wi-fi internet connection in the entire hotel
- Can feel a little bit tired but very clean and well-kept. Yoshidaya is an authentic Japanese experience which may pose challenges to some travellers. Read our story about Staying in a Japanese hotel.
- Discounted tickets to the ski lifts available in the hotel
- Pre-arrange the shuttle or just walk from the bus terminal
- The onsen is small and simple
Yoshidaya is a traditional Ryokan that is perfect for guests looking for great value, basic accommodation and friendly Japanese hospitality. This Ryokan has been in existence for more than 300 years and is evidenced by the rickety floor, low ceilings and a maze of corridors and stairs. Throughout the years, buildings and rooms have been added. If you are interested to learn more about the hotel and the village, you can have a friendly chat with Chigusa-san the lady who runs the hotel; a perfect and friendly host, and who loves traveling to Australia.
Yoshidaya Ryokan has 26 well-maintained and spacious traditional Japanese style rooms ranging from basic rooms with tatami mats and no toilets or showers, to larger rooms featuring living areas with toilets and showers. Some of the larger rooms have better views.
The hotel has a small natural onsen area. It has two public baths, one for men and the other for women. Both the baths are natural onsens with water coming from natural acidic sulfur springs that are said to have medicinal value especially for those suffering from some aches and pains, and is also good for the skin. The hotel has a laid-back restaurant area which serves breakfast and dinner. You can have a western style breakfast including cereal and toast. The hotel has a small kitchenette area where guests can prepare their own meals. It is furnished with a fridge, microwave and stove top.
Yoshidaya might not be a luxurious or a flashy hotel but it is very budget friendly and clean hotel with a very gracious host and a great location.
Yoshidaya Ryokan hotel is great for those on a budget and who want comfortable accommodation right in the heart of Zao Onsen village.
Yoshidaya Ryokan hotel is located in Zao Onsen’s more traditional main street. It is about a 7-10-minute walk up the hill to the ski lifts. Very close to a variety of restaurants and a few bars.
- <10 min walk to lifts
About Zao Onsen
Zao Onsen ski resort is a Scout favorite and a lesser-known gem. It has a charming, traditional village, a great selection of hotels, natural onsen hot springs and a vast ski resort featuring its famed snow monsters. If you’re looking to get away from all the Westerners, experience something rich in culture combined with some great skiing, then Zao Onsen makes a great choice.
Read more about Zao Onsen and other hotels in the area.
- Restaurant for Breakfast & Dinner
- Western options at breakfast
- Free laundry facilities
- Free wifi throughout hotel
- Shared bathroom facilities
- Small lounge area
- Shared kitchen facilities
Arrival Details: Yoshiyada Ryokan offers a pick up service from the local bus station. If you would like Scout to arrange this for you we will need to know your arrival details at least 1 week prior to arrival. The hotel is approximately a 4 minute walk from the bus stop.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children are at a reduced price. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Yoshidaya Ryokan. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.