- Cozy lobby area with a nice fireplace
- The location
- Spacious Japanese rooms with great views
- Very accommodating and helpful owners and staff
- The Japanese corner room is the best in the hotel
- There are signs of wear and tear but if you can look past this, it is an excellent value option
- No bar on-site however you can drink in the restaurant or buy some drinks in the convenience store
- TV channels are all in Japanese
- Small rental shop on-site however they do not have many sizes but there are other rental shops in the village
- There is an Ofuro (like an onsen but without natural spring water)
A 2-star hotel located in the heart of Ichinose village in Shiga Kogen ski area, Villa Ichinose is a family owned hotel, now being run by the third generation. The hotel is about 50 years old and was the second building in Ichinose. The hotel has a friendly atmosphere and is one of Scout’s favorite in the area.
Villa Ichinose offers Japanese style accommodations however there are two western style rooms. Most of the Japanese rooms afford guests views. Scout actually prefers the Japanese style rooms (with futon only) because they are more comfortable, spacious, and have better views.
Villa Ichinose hotel has a restaurant where you can order a la carte and have your fill of shabu shabu or ramen. It also has a dining room where set menu dinner and buffet breakfast is served. Although the hotel does not have a bar, the lobby area is a great place to hang out and relax in the nice lounge area around a log fire. You can have drinks in the hotel’s restaurant or buy your drinks at the on-site convenience store. There’s also hot tea offered free in the lobby area.
The owner’s and staff’s friendliness and hospitality in this “no-frills” hotel will charm you, even if it shows some wear and tear. Its location is fantastic, rooms are very spacious and clean, and there's a very homey and relaxed atmosphere.
Villa Ichinose is ideal for younger people who are usually not fussy, just want a great base for skiing in Shiga Kogen and the Ichinose village. It is also great for people who want to experience Japanese hospitality.
It’s the perfect skiing lodge - a little tired & dated but we’ve stayed in much worse in Europe. The staff were very helpful despite the language barrier. Breakfast buffet is varied & plentiful. The lounge is great & the onsen is very welcome at the end of the day. We like the village vibe in Ichinose especially after Hakuba. Also, the ski in, ski out option is just what we wanted. The supermarket downstairs was also very handy for snacks & drinks. They did have a bar downstairs but it never seemed to be open. Finally having the bus stop just outside the hotel is very useful especially when you leave in a blizzard. - Richard, Scout customer 2018
Villa Ichinose is right in the heart of the Ichinose village at Shiga Kogen Ski area. It is about a 3-minute walk to the lifts and you can ski in behind the hotel. The public shuttle bus stop is right in front of the hotel.
- Short walk to lifts
About Shiga Kogen
Shiga Kogen is an intermediate groomer lover’s paradise. It’s one of the biggest (and highest) ski areas in Japan with 21 mostly interlinked resorts scattered among five valleys. There’s a variety of accommodation in Shiga Kogen, much of which is ski-in ski-out. It’s the perfect place for families or couples who love cruising and who want to explore somewhere different to the masses of Australians. Just be ready to bring out your Japanese phrasebook from time to time!
Read more about Shiga Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- Reception (with limited English speaking staff)
- Lobby Lounge
- Coin Laundry
- Non-smoking rooms
- Free wifi in the rooms
- Parking available
- Ski Lockers
- Convenience store
- Karoeke/kids room
Arrival Details: The hotel does not offer a pick up or drop off from the local bus station. The hotel is only a few steps from the bus stop.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children aged 0-6 years are 70% of the adult charge. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Villa Ichinose. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.