- The multi-lingual staff who speak English, Japanese, Korean and Chinese
- The new French and Japanese restaurants
- One of the nicest hotel lounges and bars in Shiga Kogen
- Great location for skiing
- Almost all of the rooms have views of either birch forests covered in snow, mountain views or the base area and ski slopes
- The hotel does not offer a shuttle service to other parts of Shiga Kogen and the public shuttle finishes after skiing
- There is only one other restaurant within walking distance so including dinner at the time of booking can be more cost effective
- You can choose between French and Japanese dinner if you opt for dinner included in your room rate
- All of the rooms are western style and some feature sofa beds
- Annex rooms are newer
Located at the end of the northernmost ski area in Shiga Kogen, the Okushiga Kogen Hotel is a luxury hotel under new ownership and management. Not only have they picked up their game in management, the restaurants are better, some facilities have also been upgraded and it exudes a more international ambiance. There will be continual improvements over the next few years.
Okushiga Kogen Hotel has 74 rooms all done in western style. Newer, nicer rooms are located in the annex, including lovely suite rooms. The rooms are quite spacious and equipped with modern amenities. Those in the main building are smaller and better value. All of the rooms have great views of either the birch forests covered in snow, mountain views or the base area and ski slopes.
The hotel's two restaurants in the hotel are open all year round. The Gendai French restaurant serves heavenly authentic French cuisine which is exquisitely prepared by Executive Chef Bernard Anquetil and his culinary team. If you are in the mood for delicious Japanese cuisine, the Kunenbo restaurant’s dishes will satisfy your discerning palate. If your rate includes dinner, you can choose between the two restaurants which might be a tough choice! The hotel’s funky Lounge Bar also serves snacks.
The hotel has a beautiful onsen with large picture windows facing out to the peaceful birch forest. The water comes directly from the mountain which is filtered and heated slowly, so you get a very warm and soothing bath. It also has a game room which would keep kids entertained. It features a billiard table, table soccer and Ping-Pong.
There is so much more to look forward to Okushiga Kogen Hotel in the next couple of years. Scout is excited to see what it brings to the Valley once all the facilities have been upgraded and rooms remodeled. The area has been envisioned to be a luxurious community with top-of-the lines apartments that are eco-friendly.
Okushiga Kogen Hotel hotel is great for couples or families that do not mind being a little separate from the rest of Shiga Kogen. The slopes are family friendly and ideal for young kids or beginners. It would also appeal to people who want to explore the Shiga Kogen Valley from this area.
Okushiga Kogen Hotel is the perfect spot for ski-in ski-out and great being last in valley as no through traffic - felt like you were really high and remote on the mountain. Wouldn't want to stay in hotel too long as restricted for restaurants and wouldn't want to travel at night. However the food in the fine French restaurant was great and it was lovely to have drink by fire. - Gael, Scout Customer 2017
I found the hotel to be pleasant and enjoyable. It caters to local and overseas guests, and is very conducive to those who speak only English, like most of my family. Staff are without exception very friendly and helpful. The rooms are relatively simple, but clean and functional. The beds are certainly comfortable. The large circular lounge with fire place and bar is excellent for unwinding after a hard day’s ski, supported by drinks and simple snacks from the bar, and from time to time, excellent performances by classical and jazz musicians during the evenings. It was also a great spot to play cards and board games. There is a casual restaurant a very short distance away from the hotel, which hotel guests can use for lunch and dinner. Generally, eating out and night life in Okushigakogen are very limited, and one has to take a shuttle to neighbouring resorts for more variety. The ski rental located within the hotel is very handy and a big plus for convenience. The walk from the hotel to the ski lifts is relatively short and not a problem. In summary, the Okushigakogen Hotel is excellent for the price. You would go to Okushigakogen for the often better quality/quantity of the snow and if you like it to be relatively quiet, which I do. - Chris, Scout Customer 2018
Okushiga Kogen Hotel is situated in a ski-in ski-out position on the Okushiga Kogen ski resort which is located right down the end of the valley. It is approximately a 20 minute shuttle ride to the Ichinose village. However the resort shuttle back in the evening leaves Ichinose at 7.36pm so not much use for a late night out. The shuttle bus to Nagano bus goes all the way to Okushiga Kogen so it easy to get to and from Nagano.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Shiga Kogen
Shiga Kogen is an intermediate groomer lover’s paradise. It’s one of the biggest (and highest) ski areas in Japan with 21 mostly interlinked resorts scattered among five valleys. There’s a variety of accommodation in Shiga Kogen, much of which is ski-in ski-out. It’s the perfect place for families or couples who love cruising and who want to explore somewhere different to the masses of Australians. Just be ready to bring out your Japanese phrasebook from time to time!
Read more about Shiga Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- Reception Desk
- Lounge & Bar with open fireplace
- 2 x restaurants
- Western & Japanese buffet breakfast
- Massage Services
- Children's play room with games
- Ski Shop
- Communal washer/dryer
- English TV channels
- Free wifi
- Onsen facilities
- All Rooms non-smoking
- Check-in: 4:00PM
- Check-out: 12:00PM
- Check-in Details: All guests will be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Okushiga Kogen Hotel is a typical Japanese hotel with onsen facilities. Please read our guides on staying in a Japanese Hotel and to Onsen Etiquette.
- Children 5 and under stay Free using existing bedding. Additional charges apply for breakfast and dinner, and if an extra bed is required. Please contact Scout for an up-to-date quote for families with children under 5.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Okushiga Kogen Hotel. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.