- Excellent views of the town and mountain
- Great location: 5 minutes from the slopes and 5 minutes from the main street.
- Spacious drying room and ski racks are lockable (no snowboard racks)
- The hotel has seen some parts recently refurbished
- Staff speak limited English but are helpful and friendly
- The restaurant feels a bit like a school dining room
- Standard Japanese rooms are more spacious than Western twin rooms
- It will be easier to rent skis on the mountain at Hikage base and leave them there at the end of the day
While well catered to western guests, staying Nozawa View is a Japanese experience which may pose challenges to some travellers. Read our story about Staying in a Japanese hotel.
Nozawa View Hotel Shimataya is a great mid-range Japanese style hotel, well located in Nozawa Village. As the name suggests, it has excellent views of the town and mountain and is located just five minutes from both.
Nozawa View Hotel has undergone some recent renovations to the lobby and lounge area as well as some refurbishments to the rooms. The rooms are spacious and clean with plenty of storage. All rooms have half-bathrooms with en-suite toilets and a few have private bath/shower facilities. There’s a variety of room types to choose from, including typical Japanese rooms with futon mattresses on tatami matting, western rooms and Japanese/Western combination rooms (which are the nicest in the hotel). As part of the refurbishment the hotel now offers more options with western bedding, even including some with double beds.
Guests in rooms without (or even with) shower facilities will enjoy using the hotel’s onsen which is clean and spacious. The men’s onsen has particularly beautiful views.
The onsite restaurant offers breakfast and dinner (although you need to book in for dinner in advance). The hotel does not provide a transfer service although the bus station is just a few minutes walk.
Nozawa View is great for those looking for decent moderate style accommodations and a Japanese experience, in a location that’s easy for both the resort and village.
Easy to get to location and very quiet. A great breakfast that has both Western and Japanese style food. Great view of the village from the Onsen. Japanese style rooms are a fantastic experience and whilst very simple are comfortable and secure. Scott, Scout Customer, 2018
We really enjoyed Nozawa View. Yes it was a bit dated and could do with a bit of love (ed's note - written prior to refurbishment), but we loved the Japanese style rooms, the friendly staff, the onsite onsen and the amazing Japanese breakfasts. We didn't eat at the hotel at night, but they recommended and booked us restaurants every night and we enjoyed nearly all of them. The hotel wasn't far to walk from the main street and some great restaurants and we used the Shin-yu chairlift through the trees in the morning or the Yu walkway which was easy to get to from our hotel. It is definitely geared to Japanese clientele, but we felt very welcome. Rebecca, Scout Customer, 2017
Nozawa View is located at one end of Nozawa . It is just five-minutes walk from the Shin-yu double chair lift. This lift is an old pair lift that requires you to carry your skis, so it isn't best for families with young children or those frightened of heights. From the top of this lift you can walk about 2 minutes across the slopes to the Hikage base area (where there are lockers to leave your skis and boots). It is a 5 – 10 minute walk through the village to Nozawa’s main street.
You can find a map of Nozawa here. Nozawa View Shimataya is located in C2. The main street of the village is O-yu Steet running diagonally across the map.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Nozawa Onsen
Nozawa Onsen is perfect for skiers because it features a fantastic ski mountain, a traditional and thriving village and an abundance of hot springs. Cute and authentic, Nozawa Onsen provides the classic Japanese ski experience.
Read more about Nozawa Onsen and other hotels in the area.
- Reception desk and Concierge style services
- Free wifi
- Free laundry
- TV (local channels)
- Yukata (Japanese robe) provided
Nozawa View does not offer a pick up service from the local bus station. The hotel is approximately a 6 minute walk from the bus stop.
Nozawa View is a typical Japanese hotel with onsen facilities. Please read our guides on staying in a Japanese Hotel and to Onsen Etiquette.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children aged 0-12 years are at a reduced rate. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Nozawa View Hotel Shimataya. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.