- The luxury feel and attention to detail
- Stunning indoor & outdoor onsen
- Good range of restaurants, though they are on the pricey side.
- There are a few non-snow activities to keep the kids entertained
- Take advantage of the free resort shuttle to/from Joetsu Myoko train station - it is scheduled so you will want to arrange your trains to match as taxis are expensive.
- It is a short walk across the plaza to the slopes and gondola
- Book ski school lessons well in advance
Lotte Arai Resort Hotel offers a luxurious and easy stay at Arai Ski Resort. The original property was developed in the 80s but shut down after the recession. After it was purchased by a Korean chocolate company the hotel and ski resort was completely renovated and re-opened for the 2017/18 season.
The rooms are all spacious and have super comfortable western style beds, both king and doubles, and are simply styled bringing a nice peaceful vibe to the room. The bathrooms are all large by Japanese standards and all have a shower and toilet. Guests can choose from Superior and Deluxe rooms, both standard and family sized, which is perfect for those who need a bit more space. Suite rooms are also available, and are the ipitome of comfort and style, with spacious living areas, and boasting fantastic resort views.
Lotte Arai Resort Hotel boasts a wonderful choice of hot springs and onsen, from traditional outdoor pools where you can relax under the stars, or inside hot tubs and lap pool - it's hard to leave! Kids are kept well entertained off the slopes with an array of fun activities, including zip-lining, tubing, and a playground with rockclimbing walls, bouldering, and trampolining.
The hotel has four main restaurants to choose from including a buffet, steak, Korean and Japanese restaurants. These are on the pricier side, so it's best value to include dinner at the time of booking. There is a "pub" in the hotel serving wraps and a few snacks or there is a value caffeteria in the gondola building serving classic dishes such as Ramen and Katsu curry, however this closes early. There are no villages or restaurants nearby so the resort's restaurants are the only ones to choose from (unless you have a car and want to drive fro 30-40 minutes). There are a couple of bars in the hotel building though they are fairly quiet. Most westerners congregate in the pub or Cottage Lounge by the lobby for apres beers.
Access to the slopes couldn't be easier each morning from the hotel, with a simple stroll out the front to the main gondola terminal building, where the rentals, lift ticket, lessons, and retail are situated.
All-in-all, Lotte Arai Resort Hotel would be a great choice for those wanting a bit of luxury in their Japan ski vacation, with fantastic service and comfort of a full service hotel, stylish comfortable rooms, and easy access to the slopes.
Lotte Arai Resort Hotel would suit families, couples or groups of friends who would enjoy a luxury Western style accommodation, and those who aren't seeking a happening nightlife. It's great for a short stay combined with another resort or Japan ski roadtrip.
Lotte Arai Resort Hotel is the only one of its kind at the resort, and is located directly across a snowy plaza from the main gondola. The hotel offers a scheduled free resort shuttle service to/from the local Joetsu Myoko train station - it's worth timing your train to meet these shuttles as a taxi can get quite expensive. It is about 30 mins drive from Joetsu Myoko station. There is no other village or town nearby.
There are daily buses to and from Myoko Kogen which can be used for day trips, or for getting from one to the other with all your luggage.
- Short walk to lifts
Arai is a fantastic family ski resort area in Honshu, recently re-opened for the first time in over 10 years after being brought back to life by the Lotte Hotel group. This rejuvenated resort means modern facilities, world-class amenities, luxurious accommodation, and plenty of first tracks!
Read more about Arai and other hotels in the area.
- Winery & Bar
- Retail Shops
- Indoor & Outdoor onsen
- Free resort shuttle to train station
- Free Wifi
Arrival Details: Lotte Arai Resort Hotel offers a complimentary pick-up from Joetsu Myoko train station, however it must be arranged ahead of time. If you have not booked your transfers via Scout, please inform us at least 1 week prior regarding your arrival details as we must inform the hotel.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Compulsory onsen tax will be added to your invoice at time of booking for all travellers aged 12 years and above.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children aged 3-5 years are at a reduced rate, with breakfast fees applying. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Lotte Arai Resort Hotel. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.