- The excellent service that starts when you’re picked up from the train station by a horse drawn carriage.
- The huge spa, which Scout thinks is one of the best in the Alps.
- The central location of Hotel Cervin is a big advantage, especially for non-skiers and families with children.
- The espresso coffee machines in every room, and that mini bar items like soft drinks and snacks are included.
- In the Family apartments, you have the option between a kitchen or a private sauna.
- There is no shuttle service to the slopes so guests much catch a taxi (approx €15) or walk 10 minutes to the lifts
- The hotel lends cots, baby monitor, bottle warmer, and children's ice skates, on request. They will also arrange a babysitter for you.
Mont Cervin Palace is a huge, luxurious five star hotel in Zermatt. Almost as iconic as the majestic Matterhorn behind it, the hotel is an institution in Zermat having been been around for more than a hundred years – it was opened in 1852 with just 14 beds. Today it has grown to 107 rooms in various buildings, with some incredible facilities. This hotel is classic and refined, is traditional and has excellent service. The moment you arrive at the train station and are picked up by a horse drawn carriage is just the beginning of what will be an exceptional experience.
Mont Cervin Palace has two styles of rooms – Alpine and Chalet. The Alpine rooms are modern and elegant and are located in the main building of Mont Cervin Palace, and Villa Margherita, which is joined to the hotel by a tunnel. Rooms range in size from 18 m2 for Single rooms, through to Suites which are 180 m2, with views of the rooftops of Zermatt. Many the rooms also have Matterhorn views. (Of course, like every hotel in Zermatt, any room that does command that premium view of the Matterhorn, costs a higher rate).
The Chalet style rooms feature a more classic, traditional chalet style of furnishing and finishes – think lots of woods, beautiful tapestries and fabrics. These rooms are all in the building called Le Petite Cervin, which is joined to the main Palace building by a tunnel. Some of these Chalet style rooms have Matterhorn views, others have views of other mountains. The hotel also has some Family apartments, which have full kitchens and lounge areas, perfect for a family to settle comfortably.
As you could well imagine, dining at Mont Cervin Palace is equally as stunning as the rest of the hotel. With four hotels to choose from; a Michelin-starred gastronomic restaurant, an international restaurant, to the fancy Grill le Cervin, and then a Japanese restaurant and several bars, including the Davidoff Lounge, which is a cigar and smoker's lounge. The half board room rates often include dinner at Le Restaurant, a traditional restaurant which features a five course dinner every evening.
The wellness area at Mont Cervin Palace is one of the best we have seen in all of the Alps. It has a very large indoor-outdoor pool which children would love. There's also steam and sauna rooms, and a very big gym with a personal trainer service, just incase you haven't got as much of a work out on the ski slopes already. There is a ski shop in the hotel where you can rent skis.
Mt Cervin Palace is for those seeking a refined, traditional 5 star luxury hotel in the heart of Zermatt.
Mont Cervin Palace is located right on the main street of Zermatt, the best way to get to the slopes to wherever starting point you want, is usually via taxi as it's a bit far to walk to the Gornergratt Bahn station to get to the slopes. The hotel is within walking distance to bars and nightclubs, restaurants, a cinema, and a skating rink.
- <10 min walk to lifts
Set against the iconic Matterhorn, Switzerland’s Zermatt is one of the best ski resorts in the world combined with a picture perfect, happening village. Zermatt is a favorite of Scout clients for so many reasons.
Read more about Zermatt and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- free wi-fi
- full-service spa
- hair salon
- health club
- indoor pool
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- outdoor seasonal pool
- room service
- ski storage
- spa tub
- steam room
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Mont Cervin Palace. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.