- The ski-in ski-out location
- The spectacular mountain views from the western rooms in the higher floors
- Childcare facilities
- Natural outdoor onsen
- Friendly and accommodating staff, some of them can speak good English
- The two couches in the Western style rooms make them a nice place to relax
- Although the rooms fit up to 4 people, it would be a tight fit even with 3 adults
- Wi-fi access in all the rooms
- There’s only a few bars in the area
- The beds are in typical Japanese form and are quite small
- The small twin beds cannot be put together as there is a bedside table in-between
- Ski rental shop on-site
Madarao Kogen Hotel unbeatable as far as location, service, amenities and facilities go in Madarao.
The hotel has two main types of rooms. The Japanese Western Combination room has twin beds and a tatami area. The Western room has twin beds and two couches and is actually quite comfortable. If you can score one of these on a higher floor with a view over the resort then you’ve got one of the best rooms in the hotel! Both these room types are equipped with a capsule bathroom with shower and are in the main part of the hotel. There are some un-renovated combination style rooms an additional building for a lower rate. All the rooms are non-smoking and have wifi. The twin beds might be a little uncomfortable for some guests as they are based on Japanese standards which might be a little small for Westerners. You also can’t put the beds side by side as there is a night table in between them. The only romance that will be happening at Madarao is on one of the romance double chairs!
Madarao Kogen Hotel has two restaurants – Scout’s pick is the Japanese Furusato Restaurant where authentic Japanese dishes made only from fresh ingredients will tickle you palate. The main dining area, Piedmont serves up buffet breakfast (included in the Scout rate) and buffet dinner. The hotel does have a café/lounge area with a nice view of the mountain. If you love to sing, the hotel does have a karaoke room – great for kids and groups of friends!
Madarao Kogen hotel has an indoor and an outdoor onsen. Scout loves the outdoor onsen which a natural setting with big rocks surrounding it, creating a very rustic feel. Another great facility of Madarao Kogen Hotel is its supervised childcare room. It takes children from one to five years old and is open from 9 am until 4.30 pm with an hour and a half break for lunch.
The hotel can be quite busy during the weekends and peak season, sometimes with big groups.
Madarao Kogen Hotel is great for families with young kids because of its fantastic childcare facilities. It is also ideal for couples or group of friends who want a convenient location right on the slopes of Madarao Ski Resort with great facilities
The Madarao Kogen hotel is right at the main entry to the resort and in a ski-in ski-out position right on top of the beginner’s slopes. It is right beside the ski school.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Madarao Mountain Resort is a small resort that’s big on surprises. Whether you’re a tree-loving powder junkie or a family with first-timers, or anything in between, you will find Madarao a great choice. So it’s little wonder that Madarao in Japan’s Nagano prefecture is becoming increasingly popular.
Read more about Madarao and other hotels in the area.
- English speaking staff
- TV lounge
- equipment rental
- Drying room
- video games
- gift shop
- tea lounge
Property Notes: If you have not booked transfers via Scout please inform us at least 1 week prior regarding your arrival details as we must inform Madarao Kogen. All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children aged 2-6 years are at a reduced rate. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Madarao Kogen Hotel. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.