- The prime ski-in ski-out location!
- The excellent staff, some of whom are multi-lingual
- Great views from the rooms especially the 5th floor rooms with higher ceilings
- The rooftop onsen (bathing facilities)
Kuhls has equipment rentals and standard rentals are included for all guests
- A two minute walk from the bus stop
- You can request a western style room, however it is not guaranteed
- Buffet breakfast is included in the rate. Dinner can be included for a discount at the time of booking, or it can be booked when at the hotel (for a higher price)
- There are coin-operated laundries
- There is not a large lounge area for relaxing in
If you are planning to enjoy a ski vacation to Shiga Kogen, Hotel Kuhls is a great option. The hotel is in a ski-in ski-out position right in Ichinose village in Shiga Kogen.
Hotel Kuhls has approximately 80 rooms, that are a mix of Japanese with tatmi mats and futon and western styles with tatami mats area plus twin beds. (If you want to experience a Japanese style accommodation but would rather sleep comfortably, you can request for a western style mattress be placed on top of your tatami mat.) All rooms, whether it’s a western or Japanese style have full bathrooms. The western style rooms are generally quite spacious and feature a living and a tatami mat area. The western style rooms on the 5th floors have higher vaulted ceilings. If you plan to watch TV after a skiing, you might be a little disappointed, although the rooms are equipped with TV sets, they only show Japanese channels, however the rooms are equipped with wi-fi.
Hotel Khuls has a rooftop onsen which features a sauna, jet bath and an open air bath. Although it is on a rooftop, it’s sadly under a balcony so you don’t really get the same feeling unlike other open-air onsens. Do bear in mind that the onsen has unusual hours like the jet bath is open only from 1 pm to 6pm, the open air bath is open from 8 pm to 10 pm, though the rest of the onsen facilities are open 24 hours.
All rates include buffet breakfast in Hotel Kuhls. Dinner can be included in the rate at the time of booking, for a discounted price. If you want flexibilty, you can also book dinner while at the hotel for a higher price. There’s also a snack bar where you can have your fill of pizza or ramen.
The key feature of Hotel Kuhls is its location. Within steps of the front door, you’re right at the base of some of the runs in Ichinose making it the perfect place to start and end your day, particularly because Ichinose is the center of the valley.
The hotel is ideal for older couples, families or guests who want the extra facilities the hotel offers, and for those who want the convenience of being able to walk directly out onto the slopes.
Hotel Kuhls is in a ski-in ski-out location in Ichinose resort, Shiga Kogen. It is just a two minute walk from the bus stop and close to a variety of restaurants and a few bars.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Shiga Kogen
Shiga Kogen is an intermediate groomer lover’s paradise. It’s one of the biggest (and highest) ski areas in Japan with 21 mostly interlinked resorts scattered among five valleys. There’s a variety of accommodation in Shiga Kogen, much of which is ski-in ski-out. It’s the perfect place for families or couples who love cruising and who want to explore somewhere different to the masses of Australians. Just be ready to bring out your Japanese phrasebook from time to time!
Read more about Shiga Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- Coin-op laundry
- Free wifi throughout the hotel
- Indoor and outdoor onsen
- Ski rentals on site
- Limited parking available
- Restaurant and snack bar
- Convenience/gift store
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Khuls. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.