- Location, location, location. One of the only ski-in ski-out hotels in Myoko Kogen
- Good indoor and outdoor natural onsen and spa facilities
- English speaking, helpful staff
Hotel Alp is a mid-range hotel which is comfortable, clean and run by friendly staff who will make you feel right at home. Like many hotels in Myoko Kogen, the decor of the hotel is a little tired and dated but the wonderful location and helpful staff more than makes up for it.
Hotel Alp’s location is unusual - it is only of the only ski-in ski-out hotels in Myoko Kogen yet it is also conveniently located about a five-minute walk from the main street and all the local restaurants and nightlife in Akakura Kanko Village (though you will have to walk across a ski run to take the shortest path to town).
Given its location it’s great for families that want the easiest access to the slopes. It’s definitely a family friendly hotel, and the 80s style arcade games in the basement are sure to be a big hit with the kids (and big kids!) as well.
The rooms at hotel Alp are on the small and simple side. The Western twins have small beds, that can be pushed together to make a Hollywood double, and there is also a small sofa. If you can, opt for the Japanese/Western combination room which will give you a little more space, along with a taste of Japan. Each room boasts a view of the Myoko Kogen slopes from the balcony.
Hotel Alp also has natural hot spring onsen baths. A real highlight is the outdoor onsen, surrounded by rocks and snow. It will certainly help relax those muscles after a hard day on the Myoko Kogen slopes.
Hotel Alp would suit anyone who is looking for ski in and ski out accommodation with the added convenience of not being far from bars and restaurants on the main street of Myoko Kogen.
Hotel Alp is a ski-in ski-out property located near the main street of Akakura Village at Myoko Kogen ski resort. To get to the main street you need to walk across a ski run and down a road - about 5 minutes.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Myoko Kogen
Myoko Kogen combines so many excellent elements into one package; several great ski resorts, endless powder snow, relatively thin crowds, plenty of (permitted) tree skiing, a superb ski school, a friendly, traditional Japanese town, a range of accommodation options and easy access. It’s not surprising then that Myoko’s popularity has soared over the past few years.
Read more about Myoko Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- Indoor and outdoor natural onsen
- Games room
- Ski storage
- Free wifi in lobby
- Ski storage
- Lounge area
- Laundry facilities
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children aged 0-5 years are at a reduced rate when staying with 2 adults or more in a room. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Alp. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.