- Chic, modern styling throughout
- Salt water hot tub perfect to relax in after a day on the slopes
- Modern ski lockers and a great valet service
- Children's playroom & lounge with pool table
- Sound-proofing throughout to drown out any outside noise
The Lion is a brand new set of residences in Vail's Lionshead Village which offer luxury and excellence throughout. The property offers traditional hotel rooms as well as residences ranging from one to three-bedrooms; penthouse suites are also available. Although there are 65 residences, The Lion still feels like a boutique property.
The condos are complete with plush bedding, state-of-the-art kitchens (stainless steel appliances), modern dining tables and comfortable lounges with corner sofas, armchairs, flatscreen TVs and roaring fireplaces. All rooms have been designed to make the most of the stunning natural surroundings, with large picture windows throughout, and high ceilings. The decor is clean, crisp, and as they're individually owned, are slightly different between each condo (although the level of styling is quite consistent throughout). Scout loves the wooden flooring and the contemporary wallpaper, plus the overall modern alpine design of each condo. Bedding can vary, however guests can generally expect a king bed in the master bedroom, or two queens, plus additional sofa bed in the lounge for extra guests. Although the hotel is located incredibly close to the freeway (I-70), soundproofing ensures any outside noise is almost non-existent. Views of the valley and partial mountain views are on offer, plus there is a washer and dryer in each apartment for convenience.
The Lion offers a wealth of on-site amenities so you'd hardly need to leave the hotel (apart from the fact that there is world-class skiing on your doorstep!). The wellness facilities include indoor and outdoor salt water hot tubs, a lap pool, fitness center and steam room. There are lounges, entertainment rooms and a childrens' arts and game room to keep all the family occupied. When you're ready to hit the slopes, head down to the fantastic locker room to get your gear on and then allow the wonderful ski valet team to take care of the rest.
Although The Lion is not exactly a hotel and you can enjoy the privacy of your own home-away-from-home in Vail, the service, facilities and friendly team at The Lion will certainly ensure you have an unforgettable ski vacation. Perfect for families seeking a little modern mountain luxury and fantastic on-site facilities.
The Lion is perfect for those seeking a luxury ski getaway in Lionshead Village, Vail. The residences offer modern, five-star self-catered accommodation with quality hotel facilities added in as a bonus.
The Lion is located in the Lionshead village in Vail, just walking distance to the slopes, bars and restaurants in Vail. There is a bus stop just across the road. The hotel also provides a complimentary transfer to the Lionshead gondola for guests.
- <5 min walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
If Aspen is Hollywood then Vail is Wall St - popular with the money-never-sleeps-but-it-does-wear-Bogner set. Attracting tens of thousands of visitors a year, it’s quite the place to be seen, and to ski! Luxury is standard at Vail, the pedestrian-friendly village weaves around the buildings and has a wonderful European-style feel to it. The mountain terrain (one of the largest in the world) boasts perfectly groomed corduroy, powder stashes galore, and pristine tree skiing. Team this up with endless accommodation options, easy access from Denver, and one of the best après scenes in North America, it's no surprise Vail is a favourite among local and international ski enthusiasts.
Read more about Vail and other hotels in the area.
- Hot tubs
- Fitness Center
- Steam Room
- Ski Valet
- Ski Storage
- Underground Parking
- Pool Table
- Kids Playroom
- Free Wifi
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
15% OFF Early Bird Offer!
Save up to 15% off stays of 7 nights or more at The Lion at Vail. Book before June 30!
Stay 7 nights or more and get up to 15% off at The Lion in Vail when you book by June 30, 2024. Blackout dates apply. T&C's apply.
|Valid: Nov 1, 2024 - Apr 16, 2025, book by Jun 30, 2024
|December 25, 2024 – January 4, 2025
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.