- The property consists of a range of lodges, each located in Northstar Village and just steps to the ski slopes
- Each condo is luxuriously appointed in modern mountain style
- A selection of different view types are available based on your preference, including valley, village, and slope-side views
- Decent variety of condos from studios all the way to four-bedroom units
- All units have washer/dryers, fireplaces and complimentary WiFi
- All guests have access to the Village Swim and Fitness Centre which has a great outdoor pool, hot tubs, gym, steam rooms and changing facilities – only a short walk from each of the condo buildings across the plaza area.
- A daily housekeeping service is not offered but a mid-week service is provided for those staying six nights or longer
For many years, Northstar Village wasn’t much more than a small collection of older lodges. Then in 2005, a major revamp of the area created a wonderful village filled with meandering walkways weaving their way through shops, cafes, restaurants and bars – with several condo buildings throughout. And to top it off, an ice rink was built in center of the village, with fire pits scattered around. All of this combines to make Northstar a happening place on any ski day, particularly in the evenings when the bars (and the chocolate bar) start taking precedence over the skiing.
Tahoe Mountain Resorts Lodging has a collection of luxurious condo buildings right in the heart of Northstar Village. This listing covers three of those condo buildings – the ones that are situated right in amongst the action. They are generously sized and nicely appointed, and would be a welcome home-away-from-home after a long day on the slopes.
Big Horn Lodge has two bedroom condos only and is the closest of the group to the ski slopes. It even has some condos on the ground floor that guests can ski directly into. Condos at the back have nice views of the woods and part of the ski slopes. Some condos directly face the ski slopes and gondola. Others face the village area. Guests have access to fitness center, hot tubs, a swimming pool and private ski storage locker
Catamount Lodge has a selection of studio suites and is the next closest to the slopes and the gondola. These luxury studios, condos and residences feature gourmet kitchens, full sized washer and dryer, high-speed Internet and access to complimentary underground, heated parking. The lodge also boasts four fitness centers, an outdoor swimming pool, six outdoor hot tubs, five steam rooms and three locker rooms. Some of the higher suites on the valley side have great views of the valley. The rest have village views.
Iron Horse Lodge has one, two and three bedroom condos and is split into two buildings: North and South. Iron Horse North has some condos facing the woods and snow, while others face the village. It has its own fitness center and is also the closest building to the swim center and the guest reception center. Higher condos in Iron Horse North on the valley side have great views of the valley. The rest have village views. Iron Horse South includes a fitness center, outdoor hot tubs, steam and locker rooms.
Tahoe Mountain Resorts Lodging would suit families or groups of friends who want to be within steps of the ski slopes, and who would like to have a well-appointed home for their ski vacation.
The three buildings are scattered throughout the main part of Northstar Village – some slightly closer to the slopes than others (see the descriptions in the review section). Most are within walking distance of the restaurants, bars and shops of the meain village.
Find a great map of the Northstar Ski Resort area and location of each of the condo properties here.
- Short walk to lifts
Northstar California Resort is one of the lesser known Tahoe ski resorts, so most people who come here are pleasantly surprised. The resort has undergone gigantic improvements in recent years and the European-style village is now a vibrant and happening place that has a wonderful homely feel. There’s a variety of accommodation options, shops, bars and restaurants on pedestrian-only walkways that meander around buildings and an ice-skating rink. Oh, and the skiing is pretty good too!
Read more about Northstar and other hotels in the area.
- concierge desk
- front desk (limited hours)
- full-service health spa
- grocery/convenience store
- health club
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- parking garage
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- snack bar/deli
- spa services on site
- steam room
- swimming pool - children's
- use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
15% Off Early Bird Offer!
Save up to 15% off stays of 7 nights or more at Northstar Lodging. Book before June 30!
Stay 7 nights or more and get up to 15% off at lodging in Northstar when you book by June 30, 2024. Blackout dates apply. T&C's apply.
|Valid: Nov 1, 2024 - Apr 16, 2025, book by Jun 30, 2024
|December 25, 2024 to January 4, 2025
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.