- Hiro, the owner, who is very friendly and accommodating
- The big rooms, big beds and big bathrooms
- Free wi-fi access in all of the apartments
- Each unit has a washing machine and a dryer
The Tsuru Apartments in Furano are a terrific choice if you want a convenient location close to the ski slopes, as well as being within walking distance of the restaurants and bars of Kitonomine. It has two one-bedroom apartments, three two-bedroom apartments, a family apartment and one three-bedroom cottage.
For Japanese standards, these apartments are humongous! They are not only large in space but the beds are too, and even the bathrooms are unusually big. All the apartments are equipped with modern amenities like wi-fi access, TV with English channels, a full kitchen with up-to-date kitchen appliances and a washer and dryer. Tsuru apartments are very well maintained, clean and everything is in a perfect working condition. It is so obvious that a lot of meticulous planning and care went into the design and layout of the apartments.
The best asset of the Tsuru apartments would be the owner, Hiro. Hiro is such a gem and will do everything possible to accommodate his guest’s requests. He can do supermarket runs, can take you to and from the ski resort, bus or train station, will give you tips about the weather condition and even guide you around the town! He is actually a chef by profession and this is evident by the tiny restaurant adjacent to the hotel which he owns, and where you can enjoy delicious meals.
If you’re looking for self-catering accommodation close to the slopes you can’t beat the Tsuru apartments.
Tsuru Apartments are ideal for couples, families or group of friends who want spacious and clean accommodations in a convenient location in Furano.
You were right! Hiro is great! staying here for a total of 9 nights really made a comfortable stay for us with ability to experience grocery shopping and preparing our own meals (with some Japanese twists of course). The apartment was modern, and had great heating which is something that lacked at various other places. The location of the apartment made exploring some other ski areas (Ashahidake and Kamui) besides just Furano accessible even without a car rental (we managed public trains and buses with our day trip gear). However, next time I would probably rent a car to seek the powder stashes which we were pretty self sufficient to get to anyhow. Everything you recommended in your Furano field guide was spot on and we managed to check out several places and can see why you included them! - Meghan, Scout Customer 2018
Tsuru Apartments are less than 10-minute walk from the main Furano ski area - up the hill in the morning and down at the end of the day. It is also very close to the restaurants and bars of Kitanomine.
Find a great map of the Furano Ski Resort area and location of Tsuru Apartments here.
- <10 min walk to lifts
Furano is up there with the best when it comes to ski resorts in Japan. Offering a wide variety of terrain, lots of powder, a good selection of accommodation and a relatively authentic village and nearby town, it has something for everyone and will suit a range of tastes and budgets. Furano is a good mix of Western influences and comforts, and Japanese culture. The ski resort itself caters to all ability levels and skiing preferences, from advanced off-piste and amazing sidecountry (easily accessed) to long leg-burning groomed runs. Receiving abundant snowfall each season (up to 9 metres), Furano is a perfect spot to experience true Hokkaido powder.
Read more about Furano and other hotels in the area.
- Free wifi throughout
- Ski storage
- In Room Laundry
- Shuttle pick-up/drop-off from bus station
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Stay 7 Pay 6 Offer!
Stay 7 Pay 6 at Tsuru Apartments in Furano when you book before October 31! No blackout dates.
Stay a little longer and Stay 7 Pay 6 or Stay 14 Pay 12 at Tsuru Apartments in Furano when you book before October 31. T&Cs apply. No Blackout dates.
|Valid: Nov 1, 2020 - Mar 31, 2021, book by Oct 31, 2020|
* Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates within the applicable travel periods.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.