- A great selection of well-appointed condos, right in the heart of Squaw Village.
- The studio suites are nice and spacious and really great value.
- Fireplaces & fully equipped kitchens in the suites.
- The option of additional den spaces for extra guests.
- Not all of the condo buildings have hot tubs or gyms, but guests have access to all the facilities in the various properties.
- The views vary for each building. Some have mountain and slope views, some look directly onto village plaza areas and others look out onto car parks. You can guarantee yourself a mountain view by paying a higher rate.
- There is a resort fee which includes Wi-Fi and underground parking.
- More dining, bar, shopping and grocery supplies can be found in Truckee (20 mins) and Tahoe City (15 mins). The local public bus service (called TART) has regular services for just $2.
The Village at Squaw Valley is a fantastic hotel in the heart of the Squaw Valley resort base area. It is particularly great choice for families, as the ski school is located right nearby, which takes the hassle out of the morning rush. Four lifts leave from within steps of each building, and there are also plenty of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes located at the base of each complex. There’s no doubt that staying in one of these condos will put you in the middle of all the action.
Those with a taste for quality won’t be disappointed – these condos are nicely appointed with modern furnishings and amenities. Plus all of them have gas fireplaces and private balconies. However, don’t expect the amenities to be 5 star. The standard rooms are a great value starting point for those seeking a comfortable hotel room in a great central location. For those looking for something a little more, the suites offer a bit more space as well as a full kitchen, dining, and lounge area. The suites range from one bedroom to three bedrooms, with some featuring an additional den space. The bedding is quite flexible, with many of the two bedroom suites boasting a king bed and twin beds, perfect for a family ski vacation. The studio units are surprisingly spacious, and perfect for a couple staying a little longer.
While there are some basic facilities such as small gyms, 8 hot tubs and a kid’s recreation room, they’re scattered among the five buildings – walking across the plaza in your bath robe might feel a bit weird (and cold). The Village offers 24 hour reception, underground parking, fitness facilities, ski lockers, and daily housekeeping, which tend to tick the majority of people's boxes.
Once you’ve checked in with the helpful front desk staff, you’ll then be on your own (unless a problem should arise). That’s perfect for those that don’t need all the extra services or the communal feel of walking into a lobby, but for others it might not suit. But when you consider the high standard of skiing to be had at Squaw, as well as the prime location and the quality of the condos, Scout thinks these are an excellent choice.
For those seeking a self-catered ski vacation in Squaw Valley, The Village is a fantastic lodging option, particularly for families of all shapes and sizes.
The Village at Squaw Valley would suit those on a do-it-yourself ski vacation who have high standards when it comes to convenience and furnishings.
Five buildings make up The Village at Squaw Valley, and they are all located within walking distance of the lifts, bars, restaurants and shops. Squaw Valley is 15 minutes from Tahoe City, 20 minutes from Truckee and 50 minutes from Reno airport.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Squaw Valley
Squaw Valley (and Alpine Meadows) is a mammoth ski resort area, with almost 4000 acres of terrain - and not just any terrain, some of the best in North America. Ask any Tahoe local where the best extreme skiing is and they’ll answer Squaw. On any powder day the die-hards flock to KT-22 – sometimes it’s more fun just watching them hucking off terrifying cliffs than skiing yourself. That said, this resort has more than enough intermediate and beginner terrain to keep everyone grinning ear to ear, and boasting one of the longest ski seasons in the whole of the USA. Team this up with dramatic alpine scenery and some of the most progressive terrain, spread across 14 popular mountain zones, Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows is right up there as one of our go-to ski destinations in the USA.
Read more about Squaw Valley and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- express check-out
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- free parking
- gift shops or newsstand
- laundry facilities
- limo or town car service available
- multilingual staff
- number of spa tubs - 8
- parking garage
- pool table
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- security guard
- shopping on site
- ski passes available
- ski storage
- You must present a photo ID when checking in.
- Your credit card is charged at the time you book.
- Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.
- Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival.
- The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking.
- Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM Check-out time is 11 AM Pets not allowed
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Village at Squaw Valley. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.