- This is one of the best locations in Niseko – a true ski-in ski-out hotel right in the heart of Hirafu.
- When you stay here you get all the luxuries associated with staying in a big hotel.
- There are lots of attentive, friendly staff.
- Some rooms include their own private onsen.
- The complex also has a public onsen (indoor and out) and sauna (segregated for genders), as well as a small lap pool that’s great for kids.
- Guests have access to complimentary DVDs and books.
- Some of the standard hotel rooms face a concrete wall.
- Being a very Westernized hotel that’s popular with families, many visitors do not adhere to typical onsen etiquette.
- Getting to the main part of Hirafu Mountain requires a short lift to get you to the Ace Quad and Hirafu Gondola. There’s great beginner terrain right outside the hotel.
- A buffet breakfast is included in the rate for hotel rooms and studios.
- There can be noise from snow ploughs early in the morning (which is pretty hard to escape anywhere you stay in Niseko).
The Vale is one of most renowned 5-star luxury hotels in Niseko, and for good reason. It has one of the most prime locations (being ski-in ski-out), but it’s also right in the thick of the Hirafu restaurant and bar action. Some of the rooms even have great views of Mount Yōtei (when the sky is clear).
The location makes it ideal for families who don’t want to mess around with their ski gear. Not only does the hotel have its own rental store, but it’s only a few steps from the (huge) locker area to the snow – right in front of a beginner slope and chairlift. On top of that, there’s a Go Snow Ski School meeting area situated right outside the hotel. Further to all this convenience, in-room child care can also be arranged by the hotel.
But convenience is only the starting point. On top of everything that’s already been mentioned, there is a stylish, modern feel to this hotel (an aesthetic that is reflected by its guests). Additionally, there are always plenty of staff around who will help you sort out everything you need for your stay, as well as providing shuttle services (not that you need them in this location).
There’s a large variety of room types at The Vale, from standard hotel rooms through to three bedroom apartments. All of them boast luxurious, modern furnishings, and they’re all really spacious. Most rooms had a small refurb in 2018, updating the carpet, replastering, and lights. Featuring a small living area with a sofa and a kitchenette (including a microwave, kettle, toaster and fridge), the hotel rooms are perfectly adequate for couples. We would recommend the superior or deluxe category since the standard rooms are on the lower level, facing a concrete wall. The studios are the same size as the superior hotel room – with full kitchens, as well as washers and dryers. Many rooms interconnect, opening up multiple options for families. All rooms have a laundry except for the studio rooms.
The apartments are all a great size, and if you’re going for a 2 or 3-bedroom option you can even choose one with a private outdoor onsen (that has natural hot spring water). Another choice is to opt for the Mount Yōtei rooms which look out across the village through floor-to-ceiling windows, and if you’re lucky you’ll even see the mountain itself!
The Vale is perfect for those wanting a hotel room or self-contained apartment but in a full-service luxury hotel with all the amenities that go with it. Particularly great for families or couples looking for a luxurious and romantic stay.
The Vale is a ski-in ski-out property in Niseko Ski Resort and is located in the center of Hirafu village. You won’t be far from anything.
You can find a map of Niseko village here.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Whether you’re a powder hound seeking some of the lightest, driest snow in the world, or a beginner looking for a safe place to take your first turns, Niseko is a hit.
Read more about Niseko and other hotels in the area.
- Reception & Concierge services
- Swimming pool
- Rentals on site
- Satellite TV
- Full Kitchen
- DVD Player (DVDs and Xbox available on request)
- Drying Room
- Ski Storage
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Cleaning: Fresh towels and rubbish removed every 2nd day; mid stay clean and linen change only if staying 5 nights or more for apartments. Daily cleaning for hotel rooms at The Vale.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Vale. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.