- The hotel’s handy location near the base of The Canyons Resort (would be particularly great for families)
- Bunk bed options in the two bedroom units
- The rooms all come with balconies, gas fireplaces and access to a washer/dryer
- The Canyons shuttle will do ‘on-request’ drops anywhere in the resort, as well as scheduled transport services to Park City.
Two different management companies have rooms in the Sundial Lodge; this review (and any booking by Scout) covers those managed by Vail Resorts. Many of their rooms have undergone refurbishment, which puts the hotel on par with many of the higher starred hotels in the area. Don’t expect opulent luxury however – the rooms are simply decorated and comfortable, with a wooden mountain feel throughout.
One of the best things about Sundial is the service – it’s down-to-earth, and the staff will often go out of their way to help you. As for the rooms, they’re split between two main buildings (the property itself is huge) and are generously sized – anywhere between 350 square feet for the smallest guest room, and 850 square feet for the two bedroom condos. Plus the balconies on every room make them feel even bigger than they are. The entry level studio rooms are quite spacious, and offer a small kitchenette and queen bedding. The larger two bedroom units boast king beds in each bedroom, and some have an extra lofted space with bunk beds or twins. All rooms come with a fireplace to cosy up around each evening, balcony, and access to washer and dryer. Guests can expect mid-week housekeeping.
The units are available in two levels: Standard and Deluxe. Guests in a standard unit can expect clean and comfortable accommodations, with older furnishings, décor, and amenities. Deluxe suites featuring upscale furnishing and fixtures, flat screen TVs in the living area and master bedroom, deluxe bedding, updated kitchens, and updated bathrooms.
The hotel is in a good location that gives you options – whether you want to ski the slopes, cruise the base area, or catch a bus to Park City or Deer Valley everything is steps from the hotel. Barely 1 minute walk to the gondola, and 5 minutes to the ski school, Sundial Lodge is a popular option for families, and at a lower price point than the nearby Grand Summit Lodge. The lodge itself offers great amenities—from an outdoor heated pool, a large fitness center, and a ski lounge. In addition, the third floor terrace is equipped with a plunge pool, a hot tub, and a cozy fire pit.
The Summit Lodge is a great Canyons lodging option for families on a budget who seek slopeside location and convenient access to ski school and resort facilities.
Sundial would be suited to families who are looking for a solid-performing mid-range ski hotel that’s conveniently located near the slopes.
Situated right in the heart of The Canyons village, the Sundial hotel has easy access to the slopes of Park City Mountain. It’s also right nearby a number of restaurants and shops. It is about 10 minutes drive to Park City Main Street – and there is also a shuttle service that can take you anywhere within the resort by request, as well as doing scheduled stops to Park City. The public bus system is also convenient and stops right near the hotel.
Find a great map of the Canyons Village Base area and location of Sundial Lodge here.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Park City
Park City has a combination of several elements that make it one of the best ski resorts in North America. Not only is it a world-class ski mountain but it’s a charming and happening town, all within 35 minutes of a major airport. There aren’t many places you can fly to in the morning and be skiing in the afternoon. Park City is also famous for hosting a third of the events during the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, as well as the annual Sundance Film Festival that sees the town bursting at the seams while the well-heeled and famous party. When a gondola was built connecting neighbouring Canyons resort to Park City Resort the area became one and the name Canyons was eventually dropped. Park City Mountain now offers a mammoth amount of terrain to explore (with two village bases - Mountain Village and Canyons Village), exceptional facilities for families, and lodging options to suit all budgets.
Read more about Park City and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- arcade/game room
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- children's club
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- free parking
- in-room accessibility
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- multilingual staff
- parking garage
- roll-in shower
- shopping on site
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- spa tub
- steam room
- supervised childcare/activities
- swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Sundial Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.