Perched up in an alpine bowl, high up in the spectacular Remarkables mountain range, The Remarkables is a fun ski and boarding playground.
Note: Scout no longer sells New Zealand lodging as part of a ski package. This is an information only page.
- In new base lodge is spectacular and easily caters for the large number of guests.
- In 2014 a new 1.2km, six-seat high-speed detachable quad lift called Curvey Basin was added accessing new terrain.
- A mix of terrain, especially good for beginners and intermediates.
- Several fantastic terrain parks make it popular with freestylers.
- Kids aged 5 and under ski for free.
- Although recently improved, the road up to The Remarkables is nail-biting – opt for a shuttle bus if you’re not a confident driver.
- Take a short hike from the top of Shadow Basin Chair to the lookout for a spectacular view of Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown.
- When there’s good powder, a little hike will access some great (albeit short) runs for the more adventurous.
- Remarkables no longer has Skiwiland programs. They are run out of Coronet Peak.
and Deals >
There is no on-mountain accommodation at The Remarkables. Nearby Queenstown has many lodging options.
Scout no longer sells New Zealand lodging as part of a ski package. This is an information only page.
The Remarkables is about a 45-minute drive from Queenstown up a dirt, steep, dusty and dangerous (there are no guardrails) road, especially when it becomes corrugated or snowy. Chains must be carried. The car park can become muddy by the end of the day.
NZSki which owns Coronet Peak and The Remarkables has a shuttle bus leaving every 15 minutes from various destinations, for $15 return. The main terminal is at the Snow Centre (in Duke St, Queenstown).
Kiwi Discovery also offers shuttles, albeit more expensive. You can pre-book the service to guarantee a seat.
Connectabus has similar options to Kiwi Discovery.
The season runs from late June to early October.
|Base Elevation||5250ft / 1600m||Express Six Seater (new for 2014)||1||Beginner||30%|
|Summit Elevation||6345ft / 1934m||Quad Chair||3||Intermediates||40%|
|Vertical Drop||1171ft / 357m||Magic Carpets||2||Advanced||30%|
|Skiable Area||543ac / 220ha|
|Annual Snowfall||146in / 3.7m|
|Longest Run||0.9 miles / 1.5km|
|Operating Hours||9.00am –4.00pm|
Stories, photos and ski resort profiles to help you discover new places and dream about your next ski trip.
Independent and detailed reviews of ski resorts and accommodation to help you find what's right.
Expert advice & competitive rates. From hotel rooms to full ski packages, our agents will find you the best deals.
Time to go skiing! Get all the inside-tips for your resort in your Scout Field Guide. Free with every booking.