- The Aerial Tram leaves from right in front of the hotel.
- The hotel has a huge saltwater pool as well as a hot tub and steam rooms.
- Guests can also use the hotel’s very decent fitness center.
- The full service spa provides excellent massages.
- The hotel’s concierge can book heli or cat skiing with Chugach Powder Guides.
- The Japanese restaurant serves excellent sushi.
- Finish your skiing one afternoon to Sitzmark Après Bar on the Girdwood side of the resort. A shuttle bus can bring you back to the hotel.
- The deluxe rooms are located on higher floors and offer partial mountain views.
The Hotel Alyeska is an excellent choice for anyone visiting Alyeska for a couple of days’ skiing. Not only is the hotel upscale, but the facilities are excellent and the service is friendly and professional.
The hotel was built in 1994, and the architecture and décor still feels quite early 90s. In the lobby area you’ll notice the dark timber paneling, the giant staircases and the stone and wood sculptures – all combining to create a style that’s… let’s call it ‘interesting’. (Although it’s totally appropriate for an Alaskan luxury hotel). This same style trend continues into the rooms, which are all a decent size and have comfortable beds. Some of the rooms also offer fantastic views.
If you’re feeling hungry, Hotel Alyeska has a couple of great bars and restaurants – Scout enjoyed a delicious burger one night at the Aurora Bar and Grill and some fantastic Japanese cuisine at the Sakura Asian Bistro. Prices aren’t cheap, but the service and quality of food is excellent. Meanwhile, there are two cafes serving coffee (Starbucks), breakfast and light meals.
The facilities at the hotel are great – the pool is huge and it’s housed inside a wooden beamed room with views of the slopes. There’s also a fantastic (and very hot) hot tub, steam rooms, a gym, and changing facilities. Our stay here followed a grueling six days of ski touring in the Chugach – so we treated ourselves to a massage at the full service spa. And boy were we thankful we did – it was one of the best massages we’ve ever had, and decently priced too.
To top it off, Hotel Alyeska is in a prime position – right at the base of the mountain with the Aerial Tram leaving from practically inside the building.
Hotel Alyeska is perfect for those who want to treat themselves to an upscale hotel while spending a few days at Alyeska Ski Resort. It also provides a great base for anyone who has come for the heli and cat skiing.
Hotel Alyeska is located on the outskirts of Girdwood, right at the base of the ski resort. The Aerial Tram leaves from right outside the hotel.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Providing the perfect place to warm up your ski legs before heading over to the Chugach Mountains, Alyeska Resort in Alaska is steep, deep and incredibly scenic. Remaining low key and without all the major frills of a big ski resort, Alyeska boasts a laid-back and super friendly vibe with a wide range of terrain to explore. The small town of Girdwood is also the main gateway to bucket-list worthy heli-ski.
Read more about Alyeska and other hotels in the area.
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- free wi-fi
- free self parking
- front desk (limited hours)
- health club
- indoor pool
- number of coffee shops/cafes - 2
- number of restaurants - 3
- room service (limited hours)
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- spa services on site
- spa tub
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Hotel Alyeska. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.