- Cozy lounge with a roaring fireplace
- Delicious farm-to-table dining experience
- Exceptional views of the surrounding mountains
- Gorgeous, well-equipped spa
The Capra offers the ultimate in modern alpine luxury with every detail having been thought out and impeccable, personal service. The boutique five-star Capra hotel is located in the picturesque car-free resort of Saas-Fee making it a peaceful place to while away a few days in the mountains. The word Capra is the latin word for mountain goat and it's the black and white goats that roam the Saas-Fee area that inspired the name. The views in every direction around the hotel are absolutely breath-taking, with 4000m+ mountains as far as the eye can see.
As the Capra only has a small number of rooms it has a distinctly personal feel, right from the moment you are picked up at the bus terminal or parking station and sink back into the sheepskin lined seats of the electric hotel shuttle (Saas-Fee is car free). We loved the small living room off the side of the lobby, with a roaring fire place, comfy lounges, interesting books and attentive bar staff making it a lovely place to spend a couple of hours relaxing.
The Capra hotel and spa provides guests with everything they need for an unforgettable stay, including farm-to-table dining in the on-site restaurant, excellent spa and gorgeous wellness facilities which includes a sauna, a steam room, salt therapy room, foot hydrotherapy, specialised showers, an indoor pool, outdoor hydrotherapy pool, fully equipped gym, a mind-body studio for yoga and other classes, three treatment rooms, and a relaxation area.... needless to say it's substantial! The hotel runs free yoga and meditation classes for guests. Other facilities include a games room for kids, a library and wine cellar.
The rooms at The Capra are modern and elegant, with plush furnishings, wooden detailing and pristine ensuite bathrooms to create a snug home-away-from-home in the mountains. Choose between Signature Doubles, Signature Suites, Family Suites and a Penthouse Suite to suit your style and budget. Many of the rooms have spectacular views of the Saas-Fee mountains.
While it's located at the other end of the village to the ski slopes, going skiing is a breeze thanks to the electric buggy that runs on demand from the hotel over to a converted ski valet barn right next to the ski slopes. Skis and boots are stored in the barn rather than at the hotel.
While it is 5 star in all its facilities, service and standards, the Capra is completely unpretentious. It's not ritzy or a scene, rather a place for those that want a peaceful, private luxury hotel in Saas-Fee.
Guests seeking luxurious, modern ski chalet accommodation in the heart of the picturesque Saas-Fee ski resort. It is more for those than enjoy attentive personal service and a private boutique feel rather than a flashy five-star hotel.
The Capra is nestled beautiful in the mountains in the quiet resort of Saas-Fee. The hotel is located at the opposite end of the village to the ski slopes however the hotel's electric buggy will quickly transfer you to the slopseide ski locker room. It is easy to wander the main street of the village from Capra. The hotel also offers a pick-up drop-off service to and from the bus terminal and parking station (Saas Fee is car free).
- Hotel shuttle provided
Nestled right up in the Swiss Alps, Saas-Fee ticks a ton of boxes. High-altitude slopes for snow sureity, a charming village, great pistes for all standards, no crowds, convenient lodging and spectacular scenery.
Read more about Saas-Fee and other hotels in the area.
- Games Room
- DVD Room
- Wine Cellar
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Ski Valet Cabin
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Capra. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.