- The history and authenticity of the hotel
- Each room has different interiors
- Boutique feel
- Excellent breakfast selection
- Electric car pick-up for your luggage upon arrival
- Heated boot and helmet storage
Sunstar Hotel is an historic and traditional alpine lodge in the peaceful ski village of Saas-Fee that has been running since 1893! The four-star ski chalet has a lovely boutique feel and the service feels very personal. Scout loves the attention to detail and historic touches throughout the hotel and rooms.
Each of the rooms at Sunstar have their own unique design, with different alpine styling features throughout. Guests can choose between singles, doubles, family rooms and suites and can upgrade to rooms with a view for excellent mountain vistas. Scout feels the mountain view rooms are well worth it. Some of the rooms are in the newer part of the hotel and these are bigger than the older rooms, though they have a rather strange modern feel to them. If you prefer a more traditional style room it is best to stay in the old building.
The hotel has an on-site restaurant which serves up a delicious breakfast buffet including cereal, yoghurt, pastries, cold cheese and meat as well as hot food, fresh omelettes and smoothies! Guests choosing the half-board option will also receive dinner each night which consists of local produce and regional dishes.
When you're not out skiing or exploring the quaint village surrounds, you can enjoy th on-site spa area which features a pool, sauna and a steam room. Massage treatments are also available. The pool is s amall indoor pool which allows children.
The Sunstar hotel is a bit of a walk to the slopes, however it offers a shuttle to the slopes leaving regularly thoughout the day. There is also a public bus stop in front of the hotel.
Sunstar Hotel in Saas-Fee is ideal for those seeking a historic ski lodge with a friendly, boutique feel and great on-site amenities.
The Sunstar Hotel is situated in the middle of Saas-Fee village with loads of amenities on your doorstep. The hotel is located a short shuttle ride from the nearest slopes and the hotel provides a transfer service every 30 minutes throughout the day. It also runs a free pick-up and drop-off service to the main bus terminal and parking station (Saas-Fee village is car free).
- Hotel shuttle provided
Nestled right up in the Swiss Alps, Saas-Fee ticks a ton of boxes. High-altitude slopes for snow sureity, a charming village, great pistes for all standards, no crowds, convenient lodging and spectacular scenery.
Read more about Saas-Fee and other hotels in the area.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Sunstar Hotel. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.