- Four different restaurants to choose from
- Large sized rooms by Japanese standards
- The hot bath facilities are great
- Wifi is only available in the lobby area
- There may not be a lot of English spoken by staff
- The rooms only have twin beds, though they are larger sized twin beds
- The hotel offers a free shuttle service from the Shintoku Train station on request
Sahoro Resort Hotel is an authentic Japanese experience which may pose challenges to some travellers. Read our story about Staying in a Japanese hotel.
Sahoro Ski Resort is generally well known to Western skiers and boarders due to the presence of a Club Med at the resort. However Club Med isn’t necessarily for everyone, especially those having shorter stays, so luckily there’s a great alternative right at the base of the resort.
Sahoro Resort Hotel is the only other accommodation option at the ski resort. It is a mid-range, Japanese style hotel with friendly and helpful staff (even if they don’t always speak great English) and some great facilities.
Located across a road from the Sahoro Ski Resort slopes it’s just a very short walk to start and end your day.
Sahoro Resort is a large hotel with about 150 rooms situated in two wings. Some of those face buildings while others have garden views. All of the rooms are fairly large by Japanese standards with even the smallest room starting at 26sqm. The style of the interiors is perfectly described by the hotel which classifies the decoration of rooms as either “woody” or “pastel”. Don’t set your expectations high and we’re sure you will be pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and clean they are.
For a relatively remote hotel, Sahoro Resort Hotel has some great facilities including four restaurants that feature local ingredients (such as Shintoku Soba buckwheat noodles) and they serve a variety of western and Japanese dishes. There’s even a tavern, though we wouldn’t bank on it having a raging après atmosphere (but hey, you never know!).
The hot bath facilities are excellent, including an outdoor bath featuring Bakuhan Stone Water (which apparently has various benefits), an indoor bath, jetted hot tub, sauna and cold water plunge bath. All of the bath facilities are included in the nightly rate, and guests can even use them after checking out. There are coin operated laundry machines, vending machines and a small shop selling convenience items.
So if you’re not looking for the all-inclusive experience of Club Med, head to Sahoro Resort Hotel – we’re sure you won’t be disappointed.
Sahoro Resort Hotel is perfect for independent guests travelling to Sahoro Ski Resort that are looking for a Japanese experience (as opposed to Club Med), particularly those staying just for a few days.
Sahoro Resort Hotel is located at the base of Sahoro Ski Resort. It is just across the road from the ski slopes and chair lift (both suitable to beginners)
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Sahoro Ski Resort in central Hokkaido is an un-crowded gem that’s particularly great for families thanks to a Club Med Resort at its base. Catering to all levels of skiers it is the perfect addition to a central Hokkaido ski trip for a day or two - or stay for a week and you'll have the whole family skiing like pros.
Read more about Sahoro and other hotels in the area.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Sahoro Resort Hotel. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.