- The very friendly local staff
- The great views of the valley or mountains from some rooms
- Its proximity to the ski lifts – a few minute's walk to the Shinyu Ski Lift
- Wood-burning stove in the cosy lobby
Nozawa Onsen has a great range of traditional ryokan-style accommodation options for those wanting a more authentic Japanese experience, and Residence Yasushi is a fantastic choice for those seeking one with a little extra comfort and luxury.
Residence Yasushi is a new property (which is unusual for Nozawa Onsen) and split into a main hotel area and a separate four bedroom lodge. The hotel itself boasts Japanese rooms with comfortable futon mattresses on tatami matting floors, and a small living area with couches to relax and spread out. These are ideal for two people, however the Deluxe Twin rooms and Suite rooms feature an additional daybed for a third guest. There are also smaller Compact rooms, which have a Western queen bed, ensuites, a small storage area but no living space, however, these rooms are a great option for those who seek a more westernised bedding option as opposed to futon beds. The hotel building features a bi-lingual reception and concierge to assist with any requirements, a lounge area with a cosy fireplace, and a small restaurant and bar. Two bedroom family suites are also available which combine a Compact room and a Suite room, ideal for small families. All twin beds can be pushed together to make a king bed, and ensuite feature either a shower over bath with toilet or shower and toilet.
The four bedroom Residence Yasushi lodge is located right next door to the hotel, and has five twin Japanese rooms, each with elevated futon beds and tatami matting. These do boast the additional luxury of a seating area in each room, plus the lodge has an additional room with a kitchen and living area, so a perfect option for families or groups of friends (particularly those who enjoy self-catering ski vacations). The Japanese rooms can also be reserved individually from the October prior to each ski season.
Location-wise, Residence Yasushi is in a perfect spot in the village, barely a 5 minute stroll to the nearest chairlift (Shinyu lift). This lift is an old pair lift but requires you to carry your skis, so it isn't best for families with young children or those frightened of heights. One of the most well known (and most beautiful) onsens, Akiha-no-Yu, is also only a 10 minute walk away, and Shin-Yu is barely a few doors down the road - two great choices to soothe those weary skier legs! Yasushi also boasts an onsen on site for use exclusively by those staying at the hotel and lodge. The onsen can be booked for private use. Guests are very close to the Nozawa Onsen Morning Market, as well as many of the local shrines and temples, which are incredible to explore in Winter (if they're not buried in lots of snow!).
Access to Yasushi is quite easy from the village centre, and it is only a 5 minute walk for those arriving from the train station on the shuttle bus. There is a resort bus that operates throughout the season which stops right out the front of the hotel, however, it operates less frequently.
Residence Yasushi is a wonderful Nozawa Onsen lodging option for solo skiers, couples, and families who seek a little more luxury to their Japanese ski vacation, and enjoy a few more Western comforts.
Yasushi is great for singles, couples, or small families that are seeking a great Japanese hotel or lodge experience in Nozawa Onsen.
Residence Yasushi is a good location, just a five minute walk to the Shinyu Ski Lift which accesses the Hikage base area. The village centre is about a 10 minute walk, however, you can also jump on the local resort shuttle if needed. Two of the most popular onsens in Nozawa, Shinyu, is located a few doors down from the lodge, and our other favourite onsen, Akiha-no-yu, is also close by. A nice restaurant is across the street, and the liquor store is only a few metres away.
You can find a map of Nozawa here. Residence Yasushi is located in C2. The main street of the village is O-yu Steet running diagonally across the map.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Nozawa Onsen
Nozawa Onsen is perfect for skiers because it features a fantastic ski mountain, a traditional and thriving village and an abundance of hot springs. Cute and authentic, Nozawa Onsen provides the classic Japanese ski experience.
Read more about Nozawa Onsen and other hotels in the area.
- Free Wifi
- Indoor onsen
- Breakfast included
- Bi-lingual reception desk
- Lounge with fireplace
- Drying Room
- Luggage Storage
- Non-smoking property
- You must present a photo ID when checking in.
- Your credit card is charged at the time you book.
- Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.
- Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival.
- The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking.
- Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Residence Yasushi. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.