- Fabulous location across a quiet road from the Golden Peak Lift and one of two bases for the Vail Ski School.
- Some great views from condos facing the mountain.
- Parking is easy and sometimes right near your condo.
- The Fitz bar is a great place for après.
- Kids will love the cookie & hot chocolate apres bar
- On-demand shuttle is provided by the hotel, making it easy to get around Vail itself.
- Manor Vail is not in the centre of Vail Village, which for many is a benefit. (The Village is only a short walk away.)
- All the condos are individually owned which results in inconsistencies in furnishings and décor – most follow the pattern of simple, rustic mountain designs.
- Chair 12 & 6 are super close, so you avoid the morning lift lines usually experiences at the main gondola
- The penthouses are worth the extra expense – all have high-vaulted ceilings and amazing views of Golden Peak.
For families who are trying to stick to a budget, Vail is not an easy ski resort to visit. Even the most simple of hotel rooms in mid-winter command premium prices if located in one of the three main areas (Vail Village, Lionshead, or Golden Peak). Manor Vail, on the other hand, is one of the few which has mid-range pricing (for Vail at least) – making it, in Scout’s opinion, worth a look.
Because it’s located right opposite the Golden Peak Base, getting to and from the slopes each day is seriously easy. And if you have kids who are in ski school, it’s the perfect location – as one of Vail’s two ski schools is based right there (the other school is based in Lionshead). Chairlifts 12 & 6 are also super close, so you avoid the long lift lines at the gondola on a powder day (and it's quicker access to those famous back bowls!). The hotel provides a shuttle on demand, so getting around Vail itself is super easy.
Manor Vail is not for those who are looking for 5-star services such as valet parking and ski valets, nor is it the place for those who appreciate fine décor and luxurious furnishings. Like many of the complexes within ski resorts, the condos are individually owned, and therefore one condo can look very different to the next. However they all meet the Vail Village’s standards of being Platinum or Gold, and that difference is also reflected in the price. Most are decorated along the lines of simple rustic mountain, and have a nice spacious living area and full kitchen. There are washers & dryers in some condos and these can be requested, as can the bedding arrangements.
Views vary between spectacular ski slope vistas (which look especially stunning from the penthouses) to the leafy outlook over Gore Creek – however some condos face the car park and pool area. For this reason, it’s worth requesting a room that’s higher up, with a mountain view (generally no charge involved).The one-bedroom condos all feature either a pull-out couch or foldaway Murphy bed, so a family of four could easily be accommodated (if you don’t mind the kids sleeping in the living area). The studios are, for the record, the same size as an entire one bedroom condo. While not huge, these condos are certainly not the smallest Scout has seen. And there are some other nice touches in the condos – gas fireplaces, for instance. Additionally, ski storage is either in your building, or right outside the 2-3 bedroom apartment complex.
Manor Vail Lodge is a Scout favourite, and perfect a family ski vacation on a mid-range budget, and requiring the resort amenities including ski school and rentals.
Manor Vail ski condos are great for families on a mid-range budget who would like to be as close as possible to Vail Ski School.
Manor Vail is a very short walk to Vail Village, across the road from Golden Peak ski lift and ski school.
- Short walk to lifts
If Aspen is Hollywood then Vail is Wall St - popular with the money-never-sleeps-but-it-does-wear-Bogner set. Attracting tens of thousands of visitors a year, it’s quite the place to be seen, and to ski! Luxury is standard at Vail, the pedestrian-friendly village weaves around the buildings and has a wonderful European-style feel to it. The mountain terrain (one of the largest in the world) boasts perfectly groomed corduroy, powder stashes galore, and pristine tree skiing. Team this up with endless accommodation options, easy access from Denver, and one of the best après scenes in North America, it's no surprise Vail is a favourite among local and international ski enthusiasts.
20/21 SKI RESORT OPERATIONS: Vail Resorts will be making changes to mountain access and resort facilities, and implementing safety protocols for this season. Up-to-date information for Vail can be found here.
Read more about Vail and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- airport transportation (surcharge)
- barbecue grill(s)
- beauty services
- coffee shop or café
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- health club
- laundry facilities
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- number of outdoor pools - 2
- number of restaurants - 2
- number of spa tubs - 4
- room service (limited hours)
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- steam room
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Manor Vail Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.