- Perfect for the younger ski-hard, party-hard crowd.
- Located right across from the train station.
- Home to one of the best apres spots in town.
Langley Hotel Gustavia is a three star hotel in Chamonix, located right opposite the train station. Originally built in 1890, the hotel was last refurbished in 2005 - the building's age does give it some character. Not only is it convenient to the trains and ski buses, but also to all of Chamonix’s famous apres scene. In fact, one of Chamonix's best après bars is located at the hotel. Chambre 9 or Chambre Neuf, is one of Chamonix's famous après bars, and stays open till 1am. Chambre Neuf features live music and a DJ and it’s more than likely that patrons end up dancing on the tables. A few nights a week, the hotel becomes the liveliest place in all Chamonix. Right opposite the hotel is a bar called Elevation 1904, another excellent après spot.
The style of Langley Hotel Gustavia is very simple, but it's where we would imagine very hard core skiers would be very happy. There's not a lot of other luxuries and it's the sort of place where you just come to meet other skiers and have a bed for the night. It is sparsely decorated, but modern and comfortable. Rooms are done in a warm, mountain style. The reception area is a happening place, with lots of people coming and going, and a young staff who are helpful and friendly.
There's a hotel restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the evening, the restaurant serves classic international cuisine, in a relaxing and refined environment. Chambre 9 also offers bar food.
The rooms are fairly small, but they're decent enough size for friends or couples. The Single room for one, is 18m2, while the Twin room for two is 25 m2. There are also Triple (30 m2) rooms and a Quadruple room (28 m2) that squeezes four people into bunk beds. Most of the rooms have twin beds for friends. The newly renovated Superior rooms have updated furnishings and proper double beds. Some of the rooms have balconies and views of Mont Blanc. Rooms have a TV, alarm clock, bath or shower, hairdryer, and WiFi access, although intermittent. Most of the rooms are in a simple, contemporary style, without that alpine ambiance, save for the hotel's vantage point of Mont Blanc.
Because of Chambre Neuf's popularity, there is some noise throughout the hotel until the bar’s closing time of 1am. We recommend bringing ear plus and requesting a room away from the bar.
There are no additional facilities here, like saunas or steam rooms. Being three star, it means you are getting excellent value for your money – perfect for the keen skier and party goer.
This hotel is excellent for young, enthusiastic skiers, and great for friends. But we do not recommend this hotel for families with children or couples looking for a quiet, romantic nook.
Langley Hotel Gustavia is a very central location, close the train station. The bus station to take you to the ski lifts are right outside the hotel's front door. It takes around 15 minutes by bus to reach Chamonix's main cable cars.
- On or close to public shuttle route
Sitting in the shadow of Mont Blanc, Chamonix is a mecca for extreme skiers with almost everything about the place being big and steep. The thriving town is heaving with fat-ski-carrying, harness-wearing mountain types, and there are several resorts in the area to choose from. If you’re an intermediate or beginner, fear not as you don’t need to be an expert to enjoy a trip to Chamonix.
Read more about Chamonix and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- free wi-fi
- luggage storage
- parking (limited spaces)
- pets allowed
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- total number of rooms - 50
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Langley Hotel Gustavia. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.