- The onsens which are some of Scout’s favorite in Japan
- Beautifully decorated and furnished rooms
- High quality and personalized service
- The on-site bar
- Pillow menu which allows you to choose the pillow that you want for a good nights sleep
- The French restaurant
- There is no shuttle to the ropeway. It is a five to ten minute walk uphill.
- All rooms have twin beds which can’t be pushed together.
- Must be booked way in advance as it gets fully-booked especially during the weekends
- Shuttle service provided to and from New Chitose airport with prior arrangement
- Free wi-fi internet access in the lobby area
- If staying in another hotel, you can pay and use the onsen.
- Free on-site parking
Opened in 2007, La Vista Daisetsuzan is a European style ski resort hotel from the outside, and its interiors are a combination of European, Japanese and Contemporary style. Scout loves this hotel for a number of reasons and is quite a surprise package in the middle of nowhere.
La Vista Daisetsuzan has a mix Japanese style and Western style rooms. All the rooms have very comfortable twin western beds that are great after a hard day of skiing. They even provide you with a pillow menu where you can choose from ten types of pillow, which will make your sleeping experience complete. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and finished with dark wood paneled ceilings, dark wood and carpeted floors. The Western/Japanese combination rooms have a tatami room attached to the twin bed room while the western rooms have an added seating area. The rooms are equipped with modern amenities and a full bath. You might not be using the shower at all, as we are sure you will be using the hotel’s onsen every day.
One of the best features of this hotel is its public onsens that Scout thinks are the some of the most beautiful in Japan (at least for ski resort hotels). It has a variety of indoor and outdoor onsens that are 100% natural spring water. It also has wooden hot tubs good for one person from which you can gaze at the beautiful powdery snow outside. If you are uncomfortable being naked in front of others or you just want to enjoy an onsen with your family or friends, you can always rent one of the three private onsens, one of which has its own sauna. You can also treat yourself to an aromatic massage at the hotel’s healing salon.
The rate includes breakfast and dinner, and the hotel has two high-quality restaurants. It has a Japanese BBQ restaurant and a French restaurant which Scout really loves. Based on the other lobby bars we have seen, the on-site bar is probablya good one for Japan. It is quite stylish and feels relaxing. However if you are getting too warm and cozy, you can have a few drinks at the Ice bar located outside the reception area. It operates a limited schedule but is quite an extravagant Ice bar with a whole range of drinks. The hotel has a very comfortable lobby lounge area where you can get online to catch up with the news, or chat with other hotel guests.
If you can afford it, La Vista Daisetsuzan is the perfect place to spoil yourself… we promise you won’t be disappointed.
La Vista Daisetsuzan is ideal for those who want to treat themselves to a little luxury after a hard day of skiing. It is well worth splurging and staying at least one night. It would have been an ideal romantic getaway for couples if the beds can be pushed together.
The hotel is a 5 to 10 minute uphill walk to the Asahidake ropeway station. Throughout the winter, you can actually ski down the road to the hotel along the road. Shuttle service is not provided to the ropeway station. The hotel provides a shuttle service to and from the New Chitose airport but prior arrangement must be made.
- <10 min walk to lifts
Asahidake is an uncrowded powder-lovers paradise smack bang in the center of Hokkaido. But with just one ropeway (tram) and mostly ungroomed, unpatrolled terrain it is strictly for advanced skiers; it's essentially easily-accessible backcountry terrain. Up to 14 metres of the famous light, dry, Hokkaido powder snow means you'll be skiing some of the deepest snow in Japan, and making fresh tracks into the afternoon. Asahidake is the highest mountain in Hokkaido (and actually an active volcano), with a huge expanse of terrain and plenty of nice steep bowls, so you don't have to necessarily head into the backcountry for great powder skiing!
Read more about Asahidake and other hotels in the area.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at La Vista Daisetsuzan. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.