- Friendly family-run service
- Amazing views over the village of Zermatt and the Matterhorn
- Excellent location very close to the Sunnegga Express ski lift station
- The apartments are particularly modern and spacious
Hotel Welschen perfectly combines rustic alpine styling and modern touches to create a relaxing atmosphere with all the conveniences of a great, friendly ski hotel. The small hotel lounge includes comfy sofas and a roaring open fireplace which is a wonderful place to unwind and warm up after a day on the slopes.
The dining room at Hotel Welschen has huge picture windows which offer spectacular alpine views. The restaurant serves up a breakfast buffet of hot and cold cuisine and some dishes (such as scrambled eggs) can be made-to-order.
There is a connecting spa and wellness center which can be used at a surcharge. The spa includes a steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi and the intriguingly-named ‘fun shower’. Although there is an additional fee for the spa, it can be included as part of a wellness package.
Hotel Welschen provides a range of room options from simple hotel rooms to studios and apartments so there is something for everyone. The apartments (called Haus Hornligrat) are modern and stylish and allow guests to enjoy a self-catered ski vacation. They have a full kitchen and spacious living rooms most of which have spectacular views of the Matterhorn. The apartments also have washer/dryers.
One of the best aspects of Hotel Welschen adn the apartments is the location. While the hotel is perched up high, allowing it to enjoy Matterhorn views, it has a lift that accesses a road below. From there it's a 1 minute walk down the road or some stairs to the entrance of the Sunnegga lift accessing the mountains. It is a further 10 minute walk across the river and up a hill to get to the main street. There is a supermarket about a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Hotel Welschen is great for solo travellers, couples, families and friends. Thanks to the different rooming options everyone can find accommodation to suit their needs and preferences.
We absolutely LOVED staying at the ‘Haus Hörnligrat Apartments’. The good vibes started when the owner of the Hotel (Weshen) & apartments collected us at the train station in his electric car – the kids loved the novelty of it! As soon as we opened the door to our apartment – it was a gloriously ‘WOW’ factor! The kids were just as excited as us and quickly went and checked out their rooms to find that they each had their own robes and fluffy slippers – seriously happy campers! It’s the little things! Meanwhile, I could not tear myself away from the 180 view of the surrounding mountains, village and of course the Matterhorn, it was breathtaking. The apartment was very sleek & modern. The kitchen, laundry, bathrooms were all very well equipped with all the necessary amenities that travelling families need when they finally reach their destination. I would highly recommend this apartment to anyone planning on visiting Zermatt! We would definitely stay there again. Most importantly, the apartment was positioned footsteps from the village and also from the Sunnegga Express (up to the ski fields) which was just a 2-minute walk away – you need to be this close when you have young kids and all the ski gear to carry….!! Pru, Scout Customer, Jan 2018
Hotel Welschen is well-located ski hotel with the Sunnegga Express station just minutes away. The main village of Zermatt lies around 450 yards from the hotel and offers a number of restaurants for you to enjoy during your stay.
- Short walk to lifts
Set against the iconic Matterhorn, Switzerland’s Zermatt is one of the best ski resorts in the world combined with a picture perfect, happening village. Zermatt is a favorite of Scout clients for so many reasons.
Read more about Zermatt and other hotels in the area.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Welschen. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.