- The old-world charm & history of this iconic hotel
- No TVs in the rooms encourage guests to mingle & take part in the hotel activities
- Stunning views of the Laguna del Inca from the higher floor rooms
- Four fabulous meals included daily
- Ski & snowboard valet service - Perfecto!
Arriving into Portillo you can't miss the iconic yellow building that is the grand Hotel Portillo. Located ski-in/ski-out adjacent to the slopes, the hotel is the centrepiece around which the resort is based. This fabulous hotel houses everything you need for your ultimate ski vacation and the only reason to ever leave is to hit the slopes!
Oozing with old-world charm, Hotel Portillo is upholds the traditions and values of the ski vacation of yesteryear. Ski packages are all inclusive, with ski weeks running from Saturday to Saturday or mini weaks running for 4 nights (Saturday to Wednesday) or 3 nights (Wednesday to Saturday). Four meals are day are included in the classic hotel dining room. Your table on the first day will be yours for the week, and the waiters will get to know you well and will be eagerly awaiting your arrival at each meal. Families with children are also served first, with two sittings usually each evening. In the living room on Sunday night before dinner, Portillo hosts a cocktail for all guests, and is a good occasion to meet fellow guests, ski and snowboard school instructors and Portillo executive staff. Also not to be missed is a Pisco Sour (or two!) at the Portillo Bar, known for its lively atmosphere and a great spot to dance the night away.
Within the hotel, the entry level rooms are located on the 1st to 5th floors, and are single/double occupancy (one queen or twin beds) with views of the Laguna del Inca, the Tres Hermanos peaks or the slopes. Those with valley views are unrenovated. We highly reccomend splurging a little and getting one of the renovated lake view rooms as there isn't that much difference in price and the new rooms and the lake views are worth it. The 6th floor boasts wonderful double rooms, perfect for couples, which are slightly larger and have a private balcony (and stunning views to match!). Larger suite rooms are also available, which have more space to spread out. For families, the apartments are a good choice, with two interconeccted hotel tooms and one or two bathrooms. Bedding is well suited to a family of up to 6 people, with two twin or one queen in bedroom one, and two bunk beds in the second room. Located on the higher floors, guests are delighted with beautiful views of the valley.
One of the things Scout loved about Hotel Portillo was the warm & welcoming community-vibe and sense of inclusion throughout the hotel. The hotel rooms themselves have no TV, encouraging families to participate in the extra activities put on by the hotel and take advantage of all the services on offer. Some of these facilities include a full fitness centre, heated outdoor pool & hot tub, cinema and games room (popular with the kids).
Hotel Portillo is a fantastic option for families, groups & couples who love the ski-lodge experience, mingling with like-minded skiers, and who seek an easy & convenient all-inclusive Chile ski vacation.
Hotel Portillo is perfect for families, couples, and groups who enjoy all-inclusive ski packages & the friendly social atmosphere of a traditional ski odge.
Located in the heart of Portillo Ski Resort, Hotel Portillo provides ski-in/ski-out access to the slopes. Portillo itself is 2 hours North-east of Santiago.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Surrounded by the towering peaks of the Chilean Andes and perched on the edge of an emerald mountain lake, Portillo is one South America’s most renowned and historic ski resorts. Pristine mountain valleys with larger-than-life skiing, teamed up with old-world traditions and hospitality makes for an unforgettable South American ski vacation.
Read more about Portillo and other hotels in the area.
All rates are per person and based on a Ski Week or Mini Week. All packages include:
- 7 nights lodging Ski Week: Saturday to Saturday
- 3 or 4 nights lodging Mini Week: Wednesday to Saturday (3 nights) or Saturday to Wednesday (4 nights).
- Unlimited access to ski lifts during stay.
- Four meals per day (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner)
- Complimentary use of heated pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, fitness center, full court gymnasium, aerobics and yoga classes, cinema, game room with rock climbing wall, children’s activities, disco, piano bar, ski check, boot check and timed race courses.
- Day care for children ages 4 to 7 years old is free of charge.
Additional Extras: Day care for children ages 0 to 3 years old (available for an additional cost), alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, wine, massages and beauty services, rental equipment, ski & snowboard school classes, transfers, telephone, laundry or tips.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Portillo. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.