- The perfect child-friendly hotel in Val d'Isère center.
- The top to bottom design to cater to our sense of fun and child-like wonder.
- There are many hotel services just for children, such as kid's meals and rooms with fun looking bunk beds.
- The small, medium and large rooms only have twin beds pushed together (like many hotels in Europe). If you're a couple who wants a king sized bed, you must choose the Extra Large room.
- Scout's pick for rooms are the Large rooms, at 29 m2, they have balconies and slope views. The rest of the rooms are all village facing.
- No smoking at this hotel.
- There are two childcare facilities very close to the hotel– the Garderie Le Petit Poucet and Le Village Des Enfants. Inquire at reception for more details.
- The Val d'Isère ESF Ski School is right next to this hotel.
Scout loves hotels which have a great sense of personality and Hotel Ormelune in Val d’Isere is certainly one of those. You can't help but smile and appreciate the sense of humor this hotel has in their interior design. The use of color throughout the hotel in both the common areas and rooms gives the space a bright, happy and playful feel. Needless to say, the staff are very friendly and fun as well. This is a four star hotel with great features, in an excellent location, right in the old village of Val d'Isère. The ski slopes are right behind the hotel, a short distance away and the ice skating rink is next door.
Words to describe this hotel are modern, funky, colorful, fun, and humorous. Imagine as you walk into the entrance, greeted by a lush carpet that is actually fake grass, complete with cow statues grazing throughout the hotel. The rooms here are simple, but stylish. A color theme represents the different types of rooms: orange, yellow, red, green and a bright pink. At 19m2 the Small room is actually quite spacious, compared to the smallest rooms in other hotels. We love the Extra Large room + kids as it has some of the best bunk beds we've seen. Kids would adore this room and we imagine getting them to bed would not be a problem. This room also has a living room for the family to congregate and a king sized bed in the parent's bedroom.
Ormelune’s restaurant and bar serves contemporary French cuisine, and allows guests to order a la carte or have it as part of their board. The menu features some simple dishes such as different pastas, Savoie cheese plates, right through to meat dishes like veal chops. This is simple French style cuisine, nothing too fancy. There's also a kid's menu. The hotel has a new bar area with a fireplace and a cheerful lounge, with bright mismatched chairs and some clever furniture.
The hotel has a small massage area, a sauna/hammam, and that's as far as it goes in terms of facilities. They're not too elaborate, but they're nice and clean, done in the same funky style as the entire hotel.
Right on the main street of Val d'Isère, and less than a few minute's walk to the lifts, the location of Hotel Ormelune is perfect for families with children. Safely walk to the children's and beginner's slopes for lessons, come back anytime during the day. Close to all the restaurants, bars and shops of the village. You can find Hotel Ormelune on a village map here. Bellier is the red dot - 50 (E9).
- Short walk to lifts
About Val d'Isere
Val d’Isere is one of Scout’s favorite ski resorts, thanks to its winning combination of an extensive and excellent ski area, decent ski-lift systems, with a true European-style, charming village, a wide variety of accommodation and easy access. From party-goers and extreme skiers to families or romantic couples – Val d’Isere is perfect for everyone.
Read more about Val d'Isere and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- luggage storage
- pets allowed
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- smoke-free property
- spa treatment room
- steam room
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Ormelune. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.