- The property provides great ski-in ski-out access & ski valet
- Many of the rooms have fantastic views of surrounding San Juan mountains
- The location is excellent – right in the heart of the Mountain Village
- The great new pool with its spectacular mountain views
- The spa area is relaxing and intimate
- Some of the rooms do not have a view
- Views can be requested but cannot always be fulfilled
- The rooms are of a decent size – the smallest is 515 square feet
- Studios have a small kitchenette including a two-burner stove, mini fridge, sink and microwave
- One bedroom condos and up have a full kitchen and plenty of space for the whole family
Offering ski-in ski-out convenience in the Mountain Village area of Telluride, the Madeline is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a full service luxury hotel.
Back in 2009 when the hotel first opened, it was known as The Capella. But then, in 2011 when the recession hit, it was taken over by a Swedish Bank – which explains the name since Madeline is the name of a Swedish princess.
If you stay at The Madeline, you can rest assured you will be looked after just like any prince or princess. A twice daily housekeeping service will keep your room in a pristine condition, while the friendly receptionists will remember your name. And in the mornings, you won’t need to exert any extra energy to get onto the slopes, as a full ski valet service will be waiting for you with pre-warmed ski boots and your skis neatly lined up on the snow. There is also a full-service on-site spa to help you unwind once you’re done tearing it up on the slopes.
The hotel is also in a fantastic location if you’re travelling with kids, as it’s next door to the village’s ice skating rink. In the evenings, parents can pull up a table, savor a drink and take it easy while the kids exhaust themselves on the ice. The hotel has a great restaurant & bar - the Black Iron Kitchen and Bar which serves up casual modern mountain cuisine. There's also the M Lounge which serves as another bar and doubles as the breakfast restaurant.
And one final note: don’t be surprised if you bump into a few celebrities – Scout got sneezed on by Justin Timberlake in the hotel’s lift. True story.
Who should stay here
Hotel Madeline caters to everyone from celebrities to families and couples seeking a truly luxurious ski-in ski-out hotel in the heart of Telluride’s Mountain Village.
Scout Customer Reviews
Overall, I think this was by far the best hotel experience we've had out of the three years we've stayed there. The king bed was excellent. An area where there has been a noticeable upgrade is at the ski valet. This year, the valet ran extremely smoothly, the staff remembered us after the first few times. We really enjoyed our stay, and will probably always return to the Madeline when we visit Telluride. - Perry, Scout customer 2018
Located in the center of Telluride Mountain Village and in a true ski-in ski-out position. Telluride town is a 13 minute free gondola ride away – the gondola station is less than a minute’s walk from the hotel.
Find a great map of the Telluride Mountain Village and location of Hotel Madeline here.
Telluride is a spectacular resort in the heart of Colorado’s San Juan mountains. Getting there is half the fun – the scenic drive from Gunnison or Durango is topped off with an even more picturesque main street. Rarely are ski resorts as pretty as they are challenging, with a nightlife as exciting as it is laid-back, and with accommodation that ranges from ultimate luxury to great budget hotels. Telluride is the complete package and Scout adores it.
Read more about Telluride and other hotels in the area.
- air-conditioned public areas
- beauty services
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- fitness facilities
- full-service health spa
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- room service (24 hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski passes available
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- spa tub
- steam room
- swimming pool - indoor
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Early Bird Deal!
Take advantage of The Madeline's Early Bird Offer and book before November 30, 2023. T&Cs Apply.
Take advantage of great Early Bird Deals and book The Madeline before November 30! Blackout dates apply. T&Cs apply.
|Valid: Nov 19, 2023 - Apr 7, 2024, book by Nov 30, 2023|
|December 22, 2023 - January 6, 2024|
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.