- A three star boutique hotel with a four star appeal
- Oozing charm - it's very romantic and cozy.
- Nothing too luxurious or extravagant.
- The staff are warm, helpful and informative, and speak excellent English.
- The guests attracted to this hotel are a friendly and down-to-earth type.
- This is a tiny but popular hotel, so there are always guests in the common areas to chat with, a great place to stay if you like to socialize and have afternoon tea.
- The entire hotel is no smoking.
- There is no lift or elevator at this hotel, only narrow, old fashioned stairs. This is not the hotel for those with mobility issues.
- There are games area for children and a small library to borrow books in the lounge area.
- Some rooms don't have windows, but have openable skylights. These rooms are on the second floor.
- Only the Family rooms have bathtubs, on request.
Hotel Le Faucigny is one of the cutest hotels right in the heart of Chamonix and it’s a Scout favorite. It is a very petite, boutique hotel housed in an old building that was completely refurbished and renovated in 2011. The renovation had taken into account the old structure, so as a result, there are tiny little staircases and corridors taking you to all the different parts of the building. The renovations were done in a modern Scandinavian theme so think lots of gray and white, felts, wools, beautiful carpets and wooden furniture. The hotel common areas have a ton of charm and character, and it all feels very cozy and fun.
Like the hotel, the rooms are also petite, starting with a pint-sized 11 m2 single room, through to the slightly larger Family rooms which are 24 m2. Certainly, we would recommend this hotel for people who do not need a lot of space or storage, and those who can deal with lots of stairs.
Hotel Le Faucigny does not have a restaurant, though it does serve breakfast for an additional supplement, which is good value considering all fresh ingredients: cereal, pastries, special locally sourced jams and hot items. Every afternoon, they serve up delicious afternoon tea with cakes, tea and coffee, and very good coffee at that. As you can imagine, in a small hotel like this, right in the center of Chamonix, there aren't a lot of views from rooms. Most rooms do face other buildings, however some of the front rooms do have views of Mont Blanc.
The hotel spa in the basement has a Jacuzzi, sauna and relaxation room. They do offer treatments, including facials, pedicures, manicures, and massage in a small treatment room. The ski storage is also found in the basement.
And finally, the other fantastic thing about this hotel is the staff who treat everyone with excellent attention. They're very friendly and efficient, and always willing to help, particularly carrying a suitcase up the stairs!
Hotel Le Faucigny is for younger people on a budget who want a stylish hotel, or even older guests so long as they don't mind stairs. Given that the rooms are so small, you’ll want to be comfortable spending spare time in the communal lounge areas and besides, the hotel's location means you'll probably be out and about in the restaurants of Chamonix. We would not recommend the hotel to tall people or those who need a bit more room.
The location of this Hotel Le Faucigny is very central to everything, just 50 meters to the bus stop that will take you to all the different ski resorts. It is within walking distance to downtown Chamonix, including restaurants, bars and shops and only 200 meters from the train station.
- On or close to public shuttle route
Sitting in the shadow of Mont Blanc, Chamonix is a mecca for extreme skiers with almost everything about the place being big and steep. The thriving town is heaving with fat-ski-carrying, harness-wearing mountain types, and there are several resorts in the area to choose from. If you’re an intermediate or beginner, fear not as you don’t need to be an expert to enjoy a trip to Chamonix.
Read more about Chamonix and other hotels in the area.
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- free wi-fi
- pets allowed
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- total number of rooms - 28
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Le Faucigny. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.