- Friendly and accommodating staff
- The big TVs (by Japanese standards) with DVD players in each room
- Great Italian restaurant with an impressive wine collection
- Huge rooms with big western style bathrooms
- Big indoor lap pool
- Beautiful onsen with big picture windows
- As there are limited restaurants in the area we reccomend booking a package with breakfast and dinner
- Free wi-fi internet access in all rooms
- Good ski rental shop on-site
- All rooms have great views of either the ski slopes or the valley
- Some of the rooms facing the car park might experience some noise coming from the snow plough
One look at the hotel from the outside and you will instantly feel like you are in a beautiful ski lodge in Europe. Grand Phenix has a Swiss style appearance with lots of woodwork throughout the hotel. The hotel is nestled in the far end of Shiga Kogen valley in the Okushigakogen Ski Resort. It is one of the best hotels in the Shiga Kogen area, although in our opinion its claimed five star classification seems a bit of a stretch. Although the hotel is luxurious, it exudes a very homey and friendly atmosphere.
The hotel has 35 rooms that are very big and comfortable. Room types range from a standard twin room to a humongous “royal suite”. All the rooms are equipped with plenty of storage, free wifi, and other modern amenities including a big TV and DVD player. The rooms in the hotel are by far the biggest Scout has seen in the area. The bathrooms are quite spacious too with western style fixtures including double sinks. All rooms have balconies which have great views of the valley and the ski slopes. All rooms have western twin beds, which can be pushed together to make a "Hollywood" Twin/Double.
The hotel has two restaurants. The Karagibi restaurant serves authentic Japanese and Chinese dishes mostly made from fresh local ingredients. If you want some European dishes, particularly Italian cuisine, the La Stella Alpina will satisfy your cravings. It also has a surprisingly impressive wine collection. If you want to have a drink or two after a day of skiing, you may do so at Lounge Largo which has large windows and a Swiss-made fireplace.
The hotel has some good facilities. It has a beautiful onsen with big picture windows, a large indoor lap pool which can be enjoyed by both adults and kids, and a Jacuzzi.
Hotel Grand Phenix has a good rental and retail ski shop plus a coin-operated laundry machine. It will make you feel so at home that you will not mind being in a remote location.
The hotel is great for couples, families or group of friends who do not mind being a little separate from the rest of Shiga Kogen and who want lots of space and luxuries. Families will enjoy the beginner slopes right outside the door and the facilities in the hotel especially the large indoor pool.
Grand Phenix is located at the end of the Shiga Kogen valley. It is in a ski-in ski-out position at the base of the Okushigakogen ski resort. It is a 50 meter walk from the ski shuttle bus stop. There are no shuttles to the village of Ichinose in the evenings.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Shiga Kogen
Shiga Kogen is an intermediate groomer lover’s paradise. It’s one of the biggest (and highest) ski areas in Japan with 21 mostly interlinked resorts scattered among five valleys. There’s a variety of accommodation in Shiga Kogen, much of which is ski-in ski-out. It’s the perfect place for families or couples who love cruising and who want to explore somewhere different to the masses of Australians. Just be ready to bring out your Japanese phrasebook from time to time!
Read more about Shiga Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- Free Wifi
- Indoor Lap Pool & Jacuzzi
- Onsen facilities
- Relaxation room
- 2 x restaurants (including western breakfast)
- Coin-op washer/dryer
- Ski Rental
- Convenience store
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Grand Phenix Okushiga. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.