- A delicious breakfast is included with a decent variety
- Lovely boutique style hotel with a fabulous classic Victorian feel
- Friendly staff on hand throughout your stay
- Great location right across the street from the gondola
- Locker room and heated boot racks
- Some rooms have small kitchenette facilities
- If you can resist the restaurants in town, Cosmopolitan downstairs in the hotel offers a good selection
- Everything is within walking distance but there is also a free shuttle service
- Certain suites have their own private hot tub and Scout suggests choosing one of these if you want a little extra luxury as there are no communal hot tub/spa facilities.
If you're looking for a friendly, convenient ski vacation in Telluride, look no further than the Hotel Columbia. With rooms and suites to suit all tastes and group sizes, this boutique ski hotel can accommodate couples, friends and families seeking a ski vacation to remember. From the moment you enter the staff will be on hand to assist you and their welcoming manner will have you settled in no time!
Boasting a fabulous classic Victorian vibe throughout the property, Hotel Columbia offers great guest rooms to suit couples, solo skiers, and small families. The standard hotel rooms are well appointed, with modern styling, with a touch of history with the original windows and framing. The Superior guest rooms are each slightly different, with some including a balcony, gas fireplace, an kitchenette. The Premium rooms offer a bit more space, with a living area to relax in and a sleeper sofa for additional guests. These rooms are certainly the ones to choose if you are booking a ski break as a celebration as it offers some rooms with their own private Jacuzzis on the deck! This is the perfect place to sit out and take in the alpine views and fresh mountain air. For families, there are also spacious one bedroom suites available, which all feature a kitchenette, sleeper sofa, fireplace, lovely bay windows, and an open living area. These are also available in Standard and Premium, and some have the option of a private hot tub. Scout particularly loves the corner units, which offer great views, and seem a bit brighter.
Views vary between each room, with those on the mountain side closest to the gondola offering slightly better views. The rooms located on the third floor have great views, as they're situated well above the street.
The Hotel Columbia provides a daily breakfast which not only includes standard continental fare, but also hand-crafted pastries and quiches, freshly-cooked eggs and a range of fresh fruit which varies daily. This will definitely set you up for a day on the slopes! When you return enjoy a drink and appetizers in the bar and if you don't want to venture into town, dine in the hotel restaurant, COSMOpolitan. The small lobby itself is rather chic, with a laid back front desk area, and styled more like a hip place to hang out rather than to check-in.
Not only are the rooms and dining facilities at Hotel Columbia top notch, but the location is excellent too. Just take a few steps across the road from the ski lockers and you'll be at the free gondola which can take you to the base of the Telluride Ski Resort in 10 minutes. For those seeking a boutique hotel option in downtown, you can't go past the Hotel Columbia for location.
The Hotel Columbia is a fantastic boutique Telluride lodging option, perfectly located downtown, close to the gondola, local restaurants and bars, and offering a chic ski vacation alternative.
Hotel Columbia is perfect for those seeking stylish hotel accommodation in Telluride with super friendly staff, great dining facilities and an excellent location across the street from the gondola.
Situated in the heart of downtown Telluride, Hotel Columbia is located right across the road from the main gondola as well as Chair 8. This allows you to easily access a range of ski runs and the Mountain Village. Hotel Columbia is also close to a variety of bars, shops and restaurants and just a few short blocks from the main street.
Find a great map of the downtown Telluride area and location of Hotel Columbia (right opposite the gondola station) here.
- Short walk to lifts
Telluride is a spectacular resort in the heart of Colorado’s San Juan mountains. Getting there is half the fun – the scenic drive from Gunnison or Durango is topped off with an even more picturesque main street. Rarely are ski resorts as pretty as they are challenging, with a nightlife as exciting as it is laid-back, and with accommodation that ranges from ultimate luxury to great budget hotels. Telluride is the complete package and Scout adores it.
Read more about Telluride and other hotels in the area.
- Breakfast Included
- Front Desk
- Coffee Machines
- Mini Bars
- Private Jacuzzis (in some rooms)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Every 4th Night Free!
Book by September 30 and get Every 4th Night Free at selected condos in Telluride.
Take advantage of Early Bird Deals and Stay 14 Pay 11 at selected hotels and condos in Telluride including Bear Creek Lodge, Hotel Columbia, Cimarron Lodge, Blue Mesa and more! Book before September 30. T&Cs Apply. Valid on all properties except Luxury units.
|Valid: Nov 23, 2022 - Apr 3, 2023, book by Sep 30, 2022|
|18 December - 01 January, 2022 & 12 February 12 - 18 March, 2023|
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.