- Fantastic wellness facilities
- Lovely lounge with a big roaring fireplace
- Great location close to the Sunnegga lifts and main street
- Friendly staff
- Lots of nice little extras
The Julen family does it again with Hotel Alpenhof; a really wonderful home-from-home in the mountains. While the building is old, hotel Alpenhof feaures modern styling that feels like a cross between city glam and alpine chic. While it might sound strange, it absolutely works and will mean all sorts of people feel right at home.
The inviting lounge area surrounding the lobby has penty of nooks and areas to relax in, though the spots next to the big fireplace and piano bar are always popular. Right outside the bar is a small ice skating rink, belonging to the hotel. Skates are free for guests. Above the rink is a movie screen playing old movies of Zermatt - a fun addition.
When you're not relaxing in your room, you can be dining at the on-site restaurant, Restaurant Alpenhof or one of the sister restaurants located within the other Julen properties in Zermatt as part of the Julen Hotels dine around program. A buffet breakfast is served daily, a buffet lunch is offered and a 5-course dinner menu is provided for half-board guests.
Hotel Alpenhof has recently undergone refurbishments to the hotel rooms which has ensured they are bright, airy, modern and stylish throughout. The rooms seem to effortlessly combine contemporary chic with traditional elements to make them both comfortable and charming. The hotel features everything from simple single rooms to sprawling penthouse suites which boast a lounge, dining area, balcony and vast picture windows. A few rooms have Matterhorn views, though most have views of other buildings.
Hotel Alpenhof centres around wellness, with their large spa and relaxation area being one of the true highlights of the property. The spa features a swimming pool, sauna, steam room and whirlpool among others - brave the icy cold plunge pool outside in the snow for an invigorating experience. A full service spa provides guests with the opportunity of booking a massage or beauty treatment during their stay.
While there is so much that is great about Hotel Alpenhof itself, one of the best selling points is its location. Directly across a bridge from the Sunnegga lift (one of the main access points to Zermatt Ski Resort) so just 1-2 minutes walk, and then it's a short stroll up through the old, traditional chalet buildings to the main street. There aren't many hotels that are so conveniently located to both the lifts and the main street.
Hotel Alpenhof is ideal for couples and families who want a luxurious ski vacation with wellness facilities on site, all in a location that's convenient to both the lifts and the main street.
Hotel Alpenhof is located over a bridge from the Sunnegga ski lift, around 100m walk. It is a short walk to the main street of Zermatt and just 6 minutes from the main train station. Hotel Alpenhof offers a pick up and drop off from the Zermatt train station for arrival and departure.
- Short walk to lifts
Set against the iconic Matterhorn, Switzerland’s Zermatt is one of the best ski resorts in the world combined with a picture perfect, happening village. Zermatt is a favorite of Scout clients for so many reasons.
Read more about Zermatt and other hotels in the area.
- Steam Room
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming Pool
- Cigar Room
- Luggage Storage
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Transfers (additional charge)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Alpenhof. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.