- Anne Semonin bath and body products in the room and hotel spa
- Full continental breakfast buffet, with chef, until 11am at the Breakfast room.
- Excellent hotel restaurant, with varied menu for half board.
- Free afternoon tea at the lobby.
- Pack yourself a take-away lunch sandwich at the hotel breakfast buffet, it’s encouraged!
- On warm, sunny days, request to switch dinner half board for lunch, to enjoy lunch on the terrace with unbeatable views of the slopes.
- If you plan on going out a lot in the evenings, this is not the place for you, since it is separated from Méribel center.
- Bus routes to and from Méribel center run till 12:30pm only, should you want to stay out late.
Alpen Ruitor Hotel in Meribél ski resort has a charming, authentic, atmosphere to it, in part because it is owned by one of Trois Vallées’ most famous families who have been in the area for a long time. The Fenestraz family who own the hotel come from a very humble background as farmers in the area who owned lots of land. At some point, the enterprising grandmother established a real estate agency at Courchevel, and from this spawned several successful hotels in the area.
Once you walk in the front door of the Alpen Ruitor, you immediately feel warm and at home, with a crackling fire and big, beautiful lounges draped with plenty of tartan blankets. It’s a very inviting lounge and living area that sets the tone for Alpen Ruitor’s laid back atmosphere, enhanced with many luxuries of a four star hotel. The hotel has a very traditional style and we certainly felt at home.
The rooms are done in a classic chalet style and are not overly luxurious but certainly comfortable. Most rooms have great views – generally facing the valley or the south with views of the slopes. All of the rooms have balconies and some of the bigger rooms have duplex, second bedroom or separate living areas. Accommodations range from Classic Rooms through two bedroom suites. Rooms are a decent size starting at 24 m2, with generously sized bathrooms and large windows that make the space feel open and spacious.
There is a nice spa area that includes a hot tub or Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna or Hammam, different types of showers, beauty treatments and a massage area. Anne Semonin products are used at the hotel spa, a lovely treat to unwind and sooth those tired ski muscles and help get a good night’s sleep.
Hotel Alpen Ruitor has a wonderful selection of restaurants. The room rate is all half board only, includes breakfast and dinner. One thing we love is that the half board is flexible – you can swap dinner for lunch, on certain days with pre-reservations, allowing you to venture out to Meribél for dinner. We highly recommend lunch on a beautiful day, because you can sit out on the patio, enjoying beautiful wines and food while you watch everybody skiing past. Since the hotel is located up in the Mottaret area, it’s a practical option for lunch.
The hotel provides afternoon tea in the relaxed lobby area, including delicious cakes and pastries. Breakfast buffet is very generous, with a chef cooking made-to-order eggs and all sorts of pastries. One thing we loved about breakfast is that you can actually pack your own sandwich for lunch. At other hotels Scout has been known to make a sandwich from the breakfast buffet, and discretely wrap it in a napkin to take away. At Alpen Ruitor, not only are the lunch ingredients there, but plastic wrap is provided so this art of deception is not required!
The staff are super friendly and at ease, perfect for couples, but especially for families because of the convenient location relative to the slopes and near the ski school, making it very easy to come back from the slopes during the day.
Hotel Alpen Ruitor is located in the area called Méribel – Mottaret, found up on the ski slopes away from the center of Méribel village. This positioning allows Alpen Ruitor to enjoy prime slope side location with easy access to many of the different slopes and ski school. It has a secluded feel from being located away from the center. There are public busses (that run until 12.30am) that connect to the main center village of Meribél, or there are taxis.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Méribel is a chic chalet-style village in the heart of the extensive 3 Vallées ski area. It has some excellent slopes, a hopping après scene and luxurious hotels, mixed with private chalets.
Read more about Méribel and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- free wi-fi
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- room service (24 hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- spa services on site
- steam room
- total number of rooms - 44
- turkish bath/hammam
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Alpen Ruitor. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.