- Old-style European charm.
- Being picked up and droped off from the train station by beautiful, anqiue horse-drawn carriage.
- A fantastic ski locker room.
- Fruit and chocolate left by housekeeping.
- Nespresso coffee machines.
- The Bvlgari products in the bathroom.
- Take advantage of the hotel's Dine Around Deluxe offer, which inclues a five course meal at one of the hotel’s three restaurants.
- Room service is available 24 hours.
- Guests have unlimited access to the spa facilities, free of charge.
- Some suites and rooms are interconnecting.
- Since all the rooms are different, there are a few features you can request, such as a fireplace or balcony. According to your preference, request a room in either a traditional alpine style or something more modern.
- Most of the rooms at this hotel face west, east, or south, so they don't necessarily all have Matterhorn views. A lot of what they're looking at are gardens, churches, or older buildings, with the occasional mountain cliffs.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof was opened in 1879 making it one of the oldest hotels right in the heart of Zermatt. It was borne out of the civic community, which owns and buys the woods and land around the Matterhorn. When the church was given land, it decided to help the families of Zermatt by building the Zermatterhof in the 1920s. Several original families of Zermatt formed a cooperative and built the hotel on a voluntary basis, with the understanding that the families would benefit from the hotel forever. When tourism took off in the area, the Zermatterhof became the base of many of the winter guests.
What remains today has all the charm, glamor and tradition from those old days and it is still one of the most elegant hotels in the Swiss Alps. The original local families of Zermatt are privileged to celebrate certain events here, and member families of the old cooperative continue to benefit from the profits created by the hotel. Some employees of the hotel, including the Hotel Director, are descendants of the Zermatt families who built the hotel 135 years ago.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof exudes elegance, sophistication and luxury. It is a five star hotel and the hospitality certainly matches that quality. There are 78 rooms in 8 different categories ranging from a Small Double room (20m2) up to a 65 m2 Chalet suite. Many of them have been recently renovated, although in slightly different styles. Some are more elegant and refined, where as the Chalet suites have been done in a modern, alpine style. Most rooms feel have a sort of elegant urban style with a touch of mountain.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof has three restaurants, two bars and a smoker's lounge at this hotel. There's a traditional Swiss cheese restaurant, with a relaxed atmosphere. The second restaurant is called Brasserie Lusi – the word “lusi” is from the Zermatt dialect and means a “small folding lantern”, which was what the climbers used to light the way ahead of them. So they've taken from this, to create a welcoming and relaxed environment for a restaurant that feels very refined and smart. But the finest of all is the Alpine Gourmet Prato Borni, which has a modern alpine gourmet concept, and uses local products in innovative ways.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof hotel has some fantastic spa services and wellness facilities, including a large indoor pool with a waterfall, a relaxation room, sauna, a whirlpool, steam bath, and an ice grotto. There's a full service spa which has a wide variety of beauty treatments and a menu of massage sessions on offer.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is for discerning guests who want a five star experience, in the heart of Zermatt.
The Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is located right on the main street of Zermatt. All of the restaurants and bars are very close. In addition, it would be a short taxi or bus ride to most of the ski slopes, but is a bit of a walk to some of those bus stops.
- <10 min walk to lifts
Set against the iconic Matterhorn, Switzerland’s Zermatt is one of the best ski resorts in the world combined with a picture perfect, happening village. Zermatt is a favorite of Scout clients for so many reasons.
Read more about Zermatt and other hotels in the area.
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- indoor pool
- luggage storage
- pets allowed
- room service (24 hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- spa tub
- steam room
- train station pickup (complimentary)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.