- The hospitality of this family run hotel. Particularly their attention to guest's birthdays and special occasions.
- The friendly and unpretentious atmosphere.
- The charming and playful nods to the family history, their being sheep farmers, is a nice touch that ties in modern and traditional style at this hotel.
- They serve a five course, gourmet meal for half board, with a generous salad buffet.
Europe Hotel & Spa Zermatt is a traditional hotel which, like so many others in the area is run by a family with the surname Julen. The grandfather is the cousin of the original owner of Hotel Julen and it seems every memmber of the family now runs a hotel. While there still remains traditional parts of the building, half of Europe Hotel underwent reconstruction and a new part was built in 2010. This new part hints to the original livelihood of the Julen family, which is farming sheep in the meadows above Zermatt. Whether it's large photos of hairy sheep adorning the walls of the rooms or sheep skin rugs covering chairs, or grass colored bar stools, there's a lot of fun reference to the original family business. So the hotel is an odd combination of both traditional and new, with a few quirky additions, but Scout thinks they’ve blended it all perfectly!
The original part of the Europe Hotel Zermatt has 23 rooms - 12 of which face the Matterhorn. They have all been recently renovated (in 2018) and done in a modern style. Some ofthese rooms are family suiteswith sofa beds for kids.
The new addition to the hotel also has a modern alpine design and furnishings. Rooms feature a lot of wood, stone and glass, and are spacious, thanks to a clever floor plan. They’re certainly modern, yet with some alpine touch to them. Most of the rooms in the new building have balconies.
Rates include breakfast in a sun drenched breakfast room, with a large buffet, you won't go hungry through out the day. There is also a five course menu offered for guests on half board, served in the dining room. Half board is optional, but it also presents good value if booked in advance. The restaurant has excellent food, a large buffet and selection of wines.
Europe Hotel & Spa Zermatt has an arrival and departure shuttle, using their electric car, as do most hotels in Zermatt. There are some lovely communal areas including a small lounge area, a library to pick up some books, and a bar which often has live music. As part of the new development, there is a beautiful wellness area, which includes an indoor hot tub, steam room, sauna, and bio-sauna. There's also a treatment room where you can get a variety of treatments.
Europe Hotel is warm and inviting, a bit away from the action of Zermatt. Facilities are well maintained and clean.
Europe Hotel & Spa Zermatt is great for couples and families who want a modern style room in a comfortable and bright hotel.
The location of Europe Hotel & Spa is a couple minutes walk to the bridge and the bus stop that will take you to the various ski lifts. The location is quiet, because it's not in the center of Zermatt. It's a shuttle bus ride from the hotel to the train station and the main street with Zermatt's restaurants and bars, which are also easily accessed by walking.
- On or close to public shuttle route
Set against the iconic Matterhorn, Switzerland’s Zermatt is one of the best ski resorts in the world combined with a picture perfect, happening village. Zermatt is a favorite of Scout clients for so many reasons.
Read more about Zermatt and other hotels in the area.
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- free wi-fi
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- pets allowed
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- spa tub
- steam room
- train station pickup (complimentary)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Europe Hotel & Spa. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.