- A great ski-in ski-out location at the base of Sahoro Ski Resort
- A wide variety of quality food, including Japanese, Chinese and Western dishes
- Getting to know other people in your ski lesson group
- Great entertainment and facilities for families
- It’s all inclusive so you don’t have to worry about blowing your budget when there
- There are set meal times for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it can be busy during peak periods. There is a second Japanese restaurant that requires a reservation.
- Some of the rooms are on lower floors and don’t have much of a view
- There is just one outdoor hot bath for the whole resort
- Check out the newest Club Med resort - Club Med Tomamu.
If you’re the type of person that likes to have an actual "holiday" when you go on a ski trip, then you need to put Club Med Sahoro high on your consideration set. Although Club Meds are often thought of as only for families, the experience actually caters to a wide audience - whether you are a family with young kids who are first-timers, a couple taking a hard-earned week off or a solo traveller that likes to mingle.
Club Med Sahoro is the original Club Med in Hokkaido and until 2017 it was the only one. However in 2017/18, the new Club Med Tomamu opened its doors not far from this location. While Tomamu will be newer, Club Med Sahoro still offers a great product and is a little cheaper than Tomamu. The rooms have been recently renovated (2019) and the fresh blue and gold tones throughout give the hotel a fantastic relaxing vibe throughout. There's so many things Scout loves about these rooms - really good storage, split king options, and deluxe rooms with sliding dividers to offer privacy and create a separate bedroom for kids. They've thought of everything!
To those unfamiliar with the Club Med ski product it’s an all-inclusive resort where everything is taken care of (including your room, drinks (yes, alcohol), all meals, ski lessons and daily entertainment). All Club Meds around the world have a unique method of hospitality as the “GO’s” (Gentil Organisateur) that have regular roles (such as receptionist or Kids Club coordinator) also act like hosts and mix and mingle with guests throughout their visit. You feel well looked after and are encouraged to have fun and get involved.
During Scout’s visit to Club Med Sahoro we saw all types of customers. Yes, it was definitely busy with families. Kids were allowed to run free and their screams and laughter heard in all corners of the resort were an indication of just how much fun they are having. But there were plenty of others enjoying the facilities - our ski group consisted of a middle-aged couple sans kids for which it was their second Club Med ski trip that year (the other was in France), an older Australian guy travelling solo and a Japanese couple whose kids were in lessons. All were super friendly and by the end of our short visit we were great friends.
But in many ways, it is for families for whom the Club Med product is so brilliant. Kids are looked after from the moment you drop them off in the morning to ski instructors or qualified child carers. Everyone re-groups at lunch, before heading out again for the afternoon. After skiing kids are treated to hot chocolates and snacks and there’s daily stage performances or even more activities before and/or after dinner. When it’s time to go to bed, they’ll crash so fast that the bartender will have only just had time to pour your next free cocktail by the time you’re back downstairs.
Club Med Hokkaido has excellent facilities. There is a day spa offering massages (additional cost), a swimming pool, hot tubs, games rooms for kids, a buffet dining room and separate restaurant and some non-skiing activities such as horse-back riding and rock climbing. Children from the ages of 2-17 have supervised care and activities from 8.30am – 8.30pm every day (hours vary by age and there is a break for dinner) and those older than four-years-old can participate in the ski lessons. Parents can spend as much or as little time with their kids as they like (kids don’t have to participate in all the activities). Join a yoga session, relax in the outdoor Canadian bath, or take part in an early après (or simply curl up with a good book by the fireplace) in the new bar area - it'll be hard to head back to reality after a stay at this Club Med!
During our visit, Scout bumped into an old school friend who was there with his wife and young kids for a week. When asked what they thought of the Club Med experience (it was their first Club Med and first family ski holiday) the mother said with a wry smile; “We actually feel guilty, we don’t have to do anything and really haven’t seen the kids that much, but they’re having an absolute ball. It’s so relaxing!” Considering that generally the words “relaxing” and “family ski holiday” are rarely put in the same sentence we thought that was a pretty good sign! If that sounds good to you, send us an inquiry and let Scout take care of everything for you (Scout can book any Club Med around the world).
Club Med Hokkaido is perfect for those that want a taste of skiing in Japan in a no-hassle, all-inclusive resort style environment. It’s perfect for families, particularly those with younger kids and/or first-timers, as well as anyone else that enjoys mixing and mingling with other guests. Club Med Sahoro is not for those that dislike being around children on a ski holiday (there are adult-only Club Meds in ski resorts if that sounds more appealing). If you are coming to Sahoro for only a few days and don't need all the extras you may want to consider the Tokachi Sahoro Resort Hotel down the road.
Club Med Hokkaido is ski-in ski-out at the base of Sahoro Ski Resort in Hokkaido. Sahoro is approximately 2 hour drive from Sapporo’s New Chitose airport or 1 hour 10 min from Obihiro airport and transfers can be included in any package.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Sahoro Ski Resort in central Hokkaido is an un-crowded gem that’s particularly great for families thanks to a Club Med Resort at its base. Catering to all levels of skiers it is the perfect addition to a central Hokkaido ski trip for a day or two - or stay for a week and you'll have the whole family skiing like pros.
Read more about Sahoro and other hotels in the area.
Included in a Club Med Package:
- Kids Club for ages 3-17
- Daily ski lessons for all
- Daily lift pass for all
- All Meals and base level wines, beer & spirits
Not Included but available
- Baby club for kids 2-3 at a surcharge
- Additional acitivites such as snow mobiling, ice fishing and snow banana boat
- Wine and Sake tasting
- top level wines and spirits
- Ski equipment rentals
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Club Med Sahoro. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.