- The independence of a self-catered apartment with the facilities of a hotel
- Contemporary styling throughout
- Full concierge services
- Great on-site spa & indoor pool
- Raclette and fondue sets available for use
Named after the Scandinavian Goddess of ski and mountains, Chalet Skadi is a modern, apartment-style hotel in Val d'Isere with a wonderful location and great on-site facilities.
Each of the apartments is spacious and fully equipped so you can enjoy a self-catered stay in the mountains. Apartments range in size from two to five-bedroom units which can accommodate between four and 10 guests. This makes them ideal for large groups and families who want plenty of room to relax as well as being able to cook meals as and when you want. The living areas are spacious and some have fireplaces.
The location of Chalet Skadi is perfect - about a 3 minute walk to the main center and a 5-7 minute walk to the slopes. There is a shuttle stop right outside and it's only 1 stop to get to the slopes. What's unusual about Chalet Skadi is that not only do you have fully self-contained apartments, but you get the benefits of hotel-like facilities. As well as concierge style services, the hotel also boasts a spa so you can just head over to the pool and massage rooms to relax of an evening. The pool is great for families.
While there is no restaurant on-site there are plenty of options right at your doorstep and the hotel can arrange breakfast & grocery supplies for an additional charge. The staff here are extremely friendly and should you need anything extra for your room they will be happy to provide this, where possible.
Who should stay here
The apartments at Chalet Skadi are ideal for groups and families who are seeking modern, self-catered accommodation in the centre of Val-d'Isère.
Chalet Skadi is situated on the edge of Val-d'Isère's center just a short walk (400m) from the closest ski lift - approx 5 minutes through the old center. There is also a shuttle stop right outside and it's one stop to the ski area base. The area has a plethora of shops, bars and restaurants within easy walking distance and the Chalet boasts an on-site spa so you don't need to venture out to relax. You can find Chalet Skadi on this Val d'Isere village map here. The property is the purple dot - 68 (E12).
- On or close to public shuttle route
- <10 min walk to lifts
About Val d'Isere
Val d’Isere is one of Scout’s favorite ski resorts, thanks to its winning combination of an extensive and excellent ski area, decent ski-lift systems, with a true European-style, charming village, a wide variety of accommodation and easy access. From party-goers and extreme skiers to families or romantic couples – Val d’Isere is perfect for everyone.
Read more about Val d'Isere and other hotels in the area.
- Swimming Pool
- Massage Treatments
- Heated Ski Lockers
- Luggage Room
- Room Service
- Free WiFi
- Indoor Parking (additional cost)
- Laundry Service (additional cost)
- Daily Housekeeping (additional cost)
- Transfers Available (additional cost)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Chalet Skadi. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.