- Cervo’s position, perched on a hillside with incredible views of the Matterhorn, yet still quite accessible to the downtown Zermatt.
- The relaxed après scene.
- The sense of privacy and intimacy that only a boutique hotel can provide.
- The incredible Mountain Ashram Spa
- Unique concept for a European mountian hotel
- In some rooms the bathrooms are fairly open, so you'll want to be comfortable with whom you are sharing a room with.
- Room rates include breakfast, use of the wellness areas and concierge service.
- Massage and beauty treatments can be arranged at an extra charge.
- The hotel is non-smoking, but there are smoking areas
Cervo Zermatt is a spectacular hotel perched high up on the hillside above the town of Zermatt. The hotel’s main building was built in 1940, and since then there have been additional lodges added, each housing serveral rooms per lodge. Cervo is the ultimate in luxury and design, with everything done in a very modern alpine style. We think it is simply beautiful and it’s a style that many will appreciate, especially those looking for a hint of European alps with their modern style.
A recent renovation, in 2020, redefined the philosophy of the hotel to a more sustainable, ecological model. The rooms have been redefined based on the lodge they are located in. The restaurants have also been re-thought - the lounge is an all-day “bazaar”, with the majority of dishes being vegetarian, taking guests on a culinary journey from the Middle East to North Africa. Guests who like to have meat with their breakfast will find local, ethically sourced delicacies in the neighbouring wine cellar, “Grapes & Juniper”. There is also an Italian restaurant: “Madre Nostra”. The existing restaurant Ferdinand continues to provide local delicacies. Not surprisingly, given its ski-in ski-out position, Cervo is a popular place for après, and its terrace is pumping on beautiful days.
There are up to 11 rooms in each of the seven separate lodges with the smallest being 22 m2. The new theme for the room types are Nomad, Alpinist and Huntsman - the difference being the design and style of the rooms and where the lodge is located. The Nomad rooms are the entry level rooms. Most rooms are fairly decent sized and many have prized Matterhorn views. The rooms are fitted with the latest in technology, including tablets and surround sound systems.Note that only the suites have a TV. They also have minibars, espresso machines and electric kettles. All rooms have balconies with deck chairs. Rooms are done in a beautiful, modern style, yet remain refined.
Rooms are classified as small, medium, large and then suites and apartments. Bedding varies throughout with some rooms featuring bunk beds and room for up to 6 people. The suites have a small living area with sofas, balcony, bathtub and shower. It feels like home away from home, (though most possibly a lot more stylish).
Despite its size, Cervo still feels like a boutique hotel. All rooms face mountains, and because it's located up on the hillside, these views are generally pretty good. While only some of these rooms do see the Matterhorn, expect the views to be amazing, no matter what room you get.
The location of the hotel is quite unique. While Cervo is perched on the hillside, there's a public elevator that operates 24 hours a day to take you directly down to the river level, and so from there it's only a short walk to the center of town and to train stations. Getting to the ski slopes, you either take the elevator and catch a taxi to wherever you want to go, or take the elevator, and walk to Sunnegga train station, which will bring you up the slopes. You can also catch the elevator, and walk to the Gornergratbahn. Although the location of the hotel seems remote up on the hillside, it's actually convenient to both the town and train .
Cervo Zermatt is for couples who appreciate sound design, luxury, privacy and easy access to the slopes. It's also for those that are looking for a hotel that's a little different from the usual European ski hotel fare.
The Cervo was a bit different even though it only had 36 rooms. Our room was across the street from the main building, restaurants, Apres-Ski, and the ski locker. We had a great view of the Matterhorn from our balcony. Adjacent was the end of the ski run as well as the entrance to the elevator which provided easy access to the town of Zermatt in no more than10 minutes or to the funnitel which took you up to the ski slopes at Sunnegga. We skied into the Cervo, dropped off the skis in the locker, and climbed a few steps to Apres-Ski which included either a band or a DJ. A great way to finish off the skiing portion of the day. Cervo's breakfasts were excellent and we enjoyed eating dinner there several times. It was a friendly, high-quality lodging on the mountain. It was a great location with easy access to skiing, apres-ski, and the town. Ron, Scout Customer, 2020
Cervo Zermatt is in a ski-in, ski-out position. While situated above Zermatt village, there’s a public elevator to take guests down to the river. The elevator makes the hotel convenient to the village, Zermatt train station, and Sunnegga and Gornergrat train stations.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Set against the iconic Matterhorn, Switzerland’s Zermatt is one of the best ski resorts in the world combined with a picture perfect, happening village. Zermatt is a favorite of Scout clients for so many reasons.
Read more about Zermatt and other hotels in the area.
- concierge services
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- rooftop terrace
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- steam room
- tours/ticket assistance
- train station pickup (complimentary)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Cervo Mountain Resort. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.