- Excellent ski-in, ski-out location
- Michelin-starred restaurant
- Helpful staff in the ski shop
- Great facilities for children and teens
Les Barmes de L’Ours Hotel in Val d’Isere is a luxurious five star ski hotel which offers both couples and families an excellent stay. From the moment you walk in to the lobby you know you are in for something special. Les Barmes is a family-run hotel (and part of the Relais & Chateau group) whose service is second-to-none. The staff are friendly and welcoming and always ensure check-in is done swiftly and smoothly.
The hotel offers guests three restaurant options so all tastes are catered for. Choose from the Rotisserie restaurant with buffet appetizers, the traditional Coin Savoyard restaurant serving alpine dishes and the exquisite Michelin-starred La Table de L’Ours. The food at each of these restaurants is amazing. The breakfast served is one of the largest and most amazing breakfast buffets Scout has seen - you certainly won't be needing a big lunch after savoring all the local produce (including delicious yoghurts from the local farm). In the evenings you can relax in the lounge area with bar service offered.
There is a wide variety of rooms in the hotel catering to groups of different sizes. Each floor has its own particular style - Scandinavian, American Lodge, Alpine Chalet and Contemporary). Some of the rooms face the back of the building. We feel it's worth the upgrade to a mountain view.
Hotel Les Barmes de L’Ours also provides guests with a spa and wellness center - Spa Valmont - which is a spacious zone of tranquillity to help you relax. The spa area is stunning - we love the ceiling above the indoor pool with it's tiny twinkling lights to resemble the night sky. There are also hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas. For the ultimate in relaxation you can treat yourself to one of the many spa treatments. There's even a hairdressing salon to spruce you up for a special night out.
For kids, Les Barmes offers wonderful facilities. There is a children’s club for those aged three and older and for teens there is a great youth area with bowling, pool tables, board games and more. There are also family suites with bunk beds - the kids will be fighting for the top bunk!
Who should stay here
Les Barmes de L’Ours is a wonderful 5-star hotel in Val d’Isere which is perfect for couples, families and groups of friends looking for a family-run hotel with a ski-in, ski-out location.
Les Barmes de L’Ours is situated on the outskirts of Val d’Isere center with an excellent ski-in, ski-out location on the Bellvarde slopes. It is about a 5 minute walk to the main street. The hotel provides a shuttle service. You can find Barmes de l'Ours on this Val d'Isere village map here. The hotel is the red dot - 82 (F8).
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Val d'Isere
Val d’Isere is one of Scout’s favorite ski resorts, thanks to its winning combination of an extensive and excellent ski area, decent ski-lift systems, with a true European-style, charming village, a wide variety of accommodation and easy access. From party-goers and extreme skiers to families or romantic couples – Val d’Isere is perfect for everyone.
Read more about Val d'Isere and other hotels in the area.
- Ski Storage
- Ski Shop
- Laundry services
- Michelin-starred Restaurant
- Swimming Pool
- Steam Room
- Kids Club
- Children's Bowling
- Pool Table
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Barmes de l'Ours. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.