- The hotel has an indoor pool with a waterfall and grotto-style decorations, and steam room.
- Rooms are a good size with plenty of space to spread out.
- The location of the hotel is convenient – with ski shuttle stops outside. It’s also within easy walking distance of downtown Banff.
- The Premier and Deluxe rooms all have gas fireplaces.
- There are very few connecting rooms so families may need to request adjacent rooms instead.
- Underground parking is available for a fee or you may be able to park in the nearby streets for free.
- Some of rooms on Banff Avenue have distant mountain glimpses.
- The Junior Suites are ideal for couples and those on a longer stay.
The Banff Royal Canadian Lodge is excellent value considering its premium location and stylish décor. Located a 10 minute walk from downtown Banff, the hotel offers a classy hotel option in downtown Banff that wasn’t going to break people’s banks.
The hotel rooms are all a decent size and if you upgrade to a Premier or Deluxe room you’ll be able to cozy up next to your own gas fireplace – a real treat after a day on the slopes. The Junior Suites are particularly spacious, and ideal for couples and those on a longer ski vacation (plenty of room for your luggage!). The Executive Suite is ideal for small families, boasting a king bed and sleeper sofa, plus an additional wet bar area. Everything is in good nick and the classically elegant furniture remains stylish throughout.
The facilities at the Banff Royal Canadian are great too. There’s a nice internal mineral pool, hot tub and sauna, as well as a small fitness center, and at the Grotto Spa you can get decently priced massages, facials and body treatments. The hotel’s Evergreen restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner (and has a reputedly ‘to die for’ sticky toffee pudding). There’s a nice bar area where you can unwind after a strenuous day on the slopes.
The Banff Royal Canadian Lodge is a good value option for skiers seeking a hotel in a prime downtown location, and good on-site amenities.
Banff Royal Canadian Lodge is a smart hotel for couples or families wanting a quality hotel in downtown Banff.
The Banff Royal Canadian Lodge is a 10 minute walk from the heart of downtown Banff. There is a bus stop for all three ski area shuttles right next to the hotel.
Find a great map of the Banff downtown area and location of the Banff Royal Canadian Lodge here.
- On or close to public shuttle route
Banff is a happening ski town situated in what would have to be one of the most scenic mountain locations in the world. With three great ski areas all within easy driving distance, Banff is the perfect base from which to explore this part of the Rocky Mountains.
Read more about Banff and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- free parking nearby
- health club
- in-room accessibility
- indoor pool
- luggage storage
- multilingual staff
- room service (limited hours)
- self parking (surcharge)
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- spa treatment room(s)
- spa tub
- steam room
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Stay 7 Pay 6 Early Bird Offer!
Stay 7 Pay 6 PLUS 10% OFF at the Banff Royal Canadian when you book before December 31!
Enjoy Stay 7 Pay 6 Deal PLUS 10% OFF at the Banff Royal Canadian when you book before December 31. T&Cs apply. Blackout dates apply.
|Valid: Nov 1, 2021 - Apr 30, 2022, book by Dec 31, 2021|
|24 December 2021 - 02 January 2022|
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.