- The "chairlift-side" urban luxury.
- Tthis is not a ski-in ski-out property, however it is only a short walk (or golf cart ride) across the road to a lift that takes you up to the ski area.
- All the rooms have balconies and fireplaces.
- Nightly s'mores making for the kids.
- The beautiful gym and spa facilities.
- The huge outdoor pool area and hot tubs that are magical in the winter evenings.
- The hotel’s location is slightly separate from the base of The Canyons. It is only a short gondola ride away, but if you want to access the facilities at the base after the lifts shut, it’s a short car ride.
- The hotel provides regular shuttles to the Canyons and Park City Main Street, and they will also take you to Park City Mountain Resort and Deer Valley by request.
- In-house dining options including fantastic après menu.
The Park City area has more than its fair share of luxury hotels – most of them can be found perched up on the cliffs around Deer Valley. However the Waldorf Astoria is the only one in The Canyons area that Scout feels measures up to this high standard.
From the outside, the Waldorf Astoria looks just like any other grand mountain hotel – and as such you would expect it to be filled with stuffed animals and rustic mountain furniture. So it’s quite a shock to enter the building and find a sophisticated interior design scheme that forgoes heavy wooden armchairs and moose heads in favor of chic marble and glass surfaces, complemented by tones of black and silver.
As soon as you step foot inside the hotel, you’ll start to feel relaxed. This is thanks, in part, to the delightful fragrance that they infuse into the lobby – a signature of all Waldorf hotels. Speaking of relaxing, a stay at the Waldorf is not complete without a visit to its on-site spa - over 15,000 square feet of treatment rooms, hot pools, saunas, and relaxation lounges - you're sure to never want to leave the hotel even the best powder snow. Complimentary yoga and pilates classes are also provided to assist with those skiers legs.
The rooms are spacious and luxurious, and the residences have modern kitchens that are big enough to accommodate a dinner party. However with the hotel’s own fine dining restaurant right there – you might as well take the opportunity to let someone else do the cooking! The après menu itself is wonderful, with a mix of modern mountain, Hawaiian, and Polish (sounds unique but it works!).
Most of the rooms face a large outdoor courtyard and pool area, which at many other hotels would be undesirable, but at the Waldorf it’s quite magical as you get to see the lights shimmer against a mountain backdrop. The rooms are flexible, with many interconnecting options for families. All suites boast a washer and dryer, any many have whirlpool tubs in the bathrooms. The top floor rooms are perfect for those who seek a little more luxury, with lofted ceilings and wonderful mountain views. Entry level rooms are Standard, however, the Junior Suites are just a little more and definitely worth the upgrade for a larger kitchenette, living area, and space to relax. The room types are quite flexible, with lockouts and interconnecting rooms available, so the hotel is able to cater to almost any family unit. The decor is classic black and white throughout, quite chic and stylish. Views vary throughout, with some rooms overlooking the pool area, and other facing nearby buildings. Mountain View rooms are upon request.
The hotel is barely 50m from the gondola that takes you up to the Canyons resort base area, and to make like even more convenient, there is even a golf-cart provided to help cross the street. The ski valet delivers your skis to the gondola as well. There is a free hotel shuttle to Park City operating every 30 minutes, and to nearby Deer Valley. There is an on-demand car service that can take you to downtown Park City, so you're never far from the action.
The Waldorf Astoria is grand, and you can expect nothing less with a stay at this fabulous Canyons Park City hotel.
The Waldorf Astoria in Park City is a hotel for those who desire the same standards and luxuries that they would experience in big city hotels. It would be perfect for a romantic escape, or for more discerning families.
The Waldorf Astoria is located a short distance from The Canyons ski resort base. The ski area is easily accessed by the Waldorf Gondola, which is just a few steps across a road from the front of the hotel. It is about a 10 minute drive into Park City Main Street and 25 minutes to Salt Lake City airport.
Find a great map of the Canyons Village Base area and location of The Waldorf Astoria Park City here.
- Short walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Park City
Park City has a combination of several elements that make it one of the best ski resorts in North America. Not only is it a world-class ski mountain but it’s a charming and happening town, all within 35 minutes of a major airport. There aren’t many places you can fly to in the morning and be skiing in the afternoon. Park City is also famous for hosting a third of the events during the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, as well as the annual Sundance Film Festival that sees the town bursting at the seams while the well-heeled and famous party. When a gondola was built connecting neighbouring Canyons resort to Park City Resort the area became one and the name Canyons was eventually dropped. Park City Mountain now offers a mammoth amount of terrain to explore (with two village bases - Mountain Village and Canyons Village), exceptional facilities for families, and lodging options to suit all budgets.
Read more about Park City and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- area shuttle (surcharge)
- beauty services
- braille or raised signage
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- coffee/tea in lobby
- concierge desk
- currency exchange
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- event catering
- express check-in
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- free wired high-speed internet
- full-service health spa
- hair salon
- health club
- in-room accessibility
- laundry facilities
- limo or town car service available
- luggage storage
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- number of restaurants - 2
- parking garage
- pets allowed
- poolside bar
- roll-in shower
- room service (limited hours)
- secure parking
- security guard
- ski passes available
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- snack bar/deli
- spa services on site
- steam room
- swimming pool - outdoor
- valet parking (surcharge
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Waldorf Astoria Park City. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.