- Great location in downtown Aspen with easy access to Apex Mountain
- Plenty of on-site bars to choose from for your après session
- Great outdoor pool and hot tub with mountain views
From the moment you step into the W Aspen, you could almost be mistaken for thinking you've arrived at a chic LA hotel in the 60's. Ultra hip and oozing with mountain lux, the W Aspen is big and bold and full of liveliness, catering perfectly to skiers seeking a truly immersive experience during their Aspen ski vacation.
There is a wide array of room options to choose from at the W Aspen, and definitely something for everyone. They're clean, crisp, and ultra colourful, with smooth lines and a cool retro vibe. The interior design is intentional throughout; the mineshaft brown and silver accents a homage to the Silver Mining history of the area, with a bold colourful 60's-70's celebrity twist to it. Choose a spacious king bed, multiple queen beds, or even modern queen bunk beds (perfect for groups of friends), plus many of the rooms are interconnecting, so there is a combination to suit any family. Open concept bathrooms are a feature in a lot of the rooms, with polished silver walls and shelving and a minimalistic (and almost futuristic) feel. In terms of view, rooms located on the ground floor don't offer any sort of view, and those with 'town views' can vary with some overlooking other buildings, courtyards or surrounding streets. All hotel rooms feature a comfortable sofa to relax on, and many boast a balcony (higher level rooms). Storage is minimal with no drawers or hanging hooks.
The suites at W Aspen are nice and spacious, and offer luxurious bathrooms with soaker tubs, sleeper sofa, living area and balcony. For those seeking the ultimate bachelor pad in Aspen, The Presidential Suite ticks all the boxes; spacious entertainment area with fireplace and foosball table, deluxe bathroom, and stunning circular king bedroom. Lava lamp provided!
The W Aspen is also home to the Sky Residences - private and luxurious, these two and three bedroom suites offer spacious living, deluxe kitchens, plenty of storage for all your ski gear and flexible bedding for families. There is also a wonderfull private rooftop lounge with panoramic views of Aspen Mountain (need we say more?).
W Aspen boasts fantastic on-site restaurants and bars, and definitely turns up the heat for après time. The Living Room is sophisticated and stylish, offering bespoke cocktails and cuisine for those who like to take things a little slower. Tucked away on the ground floor, 39 Degrees channels Aspen's Red Light District legacy, and the perfect underground cocktail bar for a nightcap. The WET bar on the other hand, is everything one could expect from an après session - an extraordinary rooftop patio area complete with pool, hot tubs, fire puts and stunning mountain views. With live DJs every afternoon Thursday through Sunday, the WET Bar is sure to be THE spot for socialites and wannabe celebrities in Aspen.
Other amenities at the W Aspen include a 24hr fitness centre, and airport shuttle. There is no communal laundry on-site.
In addition to having prime access to Ajax Mountain, W Aspen is surrounded by local museums, art galleries and high fashion shops, as well as within walking distance to local restaurants, bars, and music venues. For those seeking a modern and bustling hotel in the heart of Aspen, the W Aspen is the perfect choice.
Who should stay here
The W Aspen is ideal for couples, groups and solo skiers who seek a happening chic hotel in Aspen and want to be right in the heart of the action.
The W Aspen is located in downtown Aspen, with easy access to Ajax Mountain. The hotel is surrounded by local restaurants, galleries, shops and bars, and close to all the ski resort amenities.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Aspen Snowmass
Nestled deep in the heart of the Rockies, Aspen is the jewel in the crown of Colorado skiing with four big mountains for skiers to choose from. The resort is best known for its glitz and glamour, and while that’s true, there’s certainly a part of the town’s personality that is down-to-earth and relaxed. This is probably the result of its mining heritage combined with a resort offering some of the country’s best ski terrain and fabulous powder. Whether you're a family looking for your next memorable ski vacation, and avid powderhound, or a hopeless romantic in search of a classic ski-to-après experience, Aspen ticks all the boxes for everyone - there's a reason Scout always goes back to Aspen to ski!
Read more about Aspen Snowmass and other hotels in the area.
- Airport shuttle
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool & hot tub
- Pet friendly
- Rooftop Bar
- Daily housekeeping
- Mini Bar
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at W Aspen. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.