- The beautiful rooms that are as comfortable as they are luxurious.
- The sumptuous, full-service spa.
- There are two excellent onsite restaurants: the Velvet Buck & the Chefs Club, with fantastic local produce.
- The Mountain Social Bar & Lounge (located in the hotel’s lobby) plays host to quite a happening après scene.
- Great location underneath Aspen Mountain – just a short (and flat!) walk to the gondola and to the action downtown.
- The facilities at the spa (such as the steam room and hot and cold plunge pools) are not included in the room rate. However you can pay $75 for a day pass, or book a treatment.
- Speaking of which, the spa is very popular during après ski hours – so it’s a good idea to book in advance.
- Huge courtyard & hot tubs that are away from the street (nice & peaceful!)
- The Superior rooms do not have views, while the Deluxe rooms do give you a view of the mountain. The decor is the same for each.
- The butler service is only for those staying in the Suite rooms.
- The St Regis, at 179 rooms, is Aspen’s biggest hotel – it’s a busy and happening place.
When you stay at the St Regis Aspen, the only energy you’ll need to expend during your stay will be on the slopes – everything else will fall into the capable hands of the hotel staff. The St Regis butler service, for instance, is famous for going above and beyond – they’ll do anything from unpacking your suitcases to ironing your shirts – they’ll even run out to the shops to buy a dress you tried on earlier in the day (although sadly, you’ll have to pay for it).
From the outside, the St Regis looks like a grand European hotel with its red bricks and classic architecture. Once inside, the style is precisely as described: a ‘contemporary mountain manor’. (Although in some of the communal areas – such as the downstairs corridors and libraries – it almost feels more like an English hunting lodge, thanks to the Persian carpets, antique oil paintings and wood paneling). Old and new sit together surprisingly well, with the contemporary furnishings (including the stunning raindrop-shaped chandeliers) providing a counterpoint to the Western-style brass sculptures. It all somehow works together nicely to create something uniquely beautiful for Aspen.
The guest rooms have been tastefully styled with classic pieces of Ralph Lauren furniture in neutral colors, while the Deluxe rooms feature large white wood-framed picture windows that overlook the slopes. Guests can choose between Superior and Deluxe rooms, the main difference being the view (the decor between the two are exactly the same). The rooms are warm and cosy, and boast good storage, and a full bathtub and shower. And if you like dogs, you’re in for a treat – above each bed-head are sketches of all kinds of dog breeds, created by the interior decorator’s sister. It’s a cute way for St Regis to remind you that you’re staying at a pet-friendly hotel.
Fortunately, they’re skier-friendly as well. A ski concierge will take care of your every need, including storing your skis and getting them out ready for you to schuss off first thing in the morning. The gorgeous outdoor pool area (complete with hot tubs) will re-energize your tired body, as will the live music in the lobby bar, the Mountain Social (as with all St Regis across the world, the lobby bar is renowned for being THE place to enjoy a refined spirit or hand-crafted cocktail). The on-site restaurant, The Velvet Buck, is a great spot to sample local produce, or splurge a little more and take part in the popular Chef's Club - where you can enjoy world-class cooking in a private setting. Very St Regis-esque - and we love it!
The St Regis is the perfect option for a luxury ski vacation in Aspen, particularly for those who enjoy the finer things in life and prefer an easy-going ski holiday.
Who should stay here
This hotel is for those who demand exceptional service and full luxury – or for those who are curious to know what it’s like.
Located just near the base of Aspen Mountain, the St Regis is a short (and flat) walk to the gondola and the action downtown. The hotel offers complimentary Aspen airport transfers for your convenience.
- <5 min walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Aspen Snowmass
Nestled deep in the heart of the Rockies, Aspen is the jewel in the crown of Colorado skiing with four big mountains for skiers to choose from. The resort is best known for its glitz and glamour, and while that’s true, there’s certainly a part of the town’s personality that is down-to-earth and relaxed. This is probably the result of its mining heritage combined with a resort offering some of the country’s best ski terrain and fabulous powder. Whether you're a family looking for your next memorable ski vacation, and avid powderhound, or a hopeless romantic in search of a classic ski-to-après experience, Aspen ticks all the boxes for everyone - there's a reason Scout always goes back to Aspen to ski!
Read more about Aspen Snowmass and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- airport transportation (complimentary)
- beauty services
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- full-service health spa
- gift shops or newsstand
- hair salon
- limo or town car service available
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- multilingual staff
- parking (surcharge)
- pets allowed
- room service (24 hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- spa tub
- spa services on site
- steam room
- supervised childcare/activities
- swimming pool - outdoor
- valet parking (surcharge)
- wireless internet access - surcharge
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The St Regis. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.