- The Lobby is reminiscent of boutique New York hotels.
- Hip and happening with a lively après scene in the lobby bar.
- Kids are well catered for with the ‘Tykes Room’ kids daytime club. A good alternative to ski school.
- Central location in Vail village with a slope-side ski valet.
- Unless you are renting a suite, don’t choose The Sebastian for the views. Many hotel rooms face walls, other buildings or courtyards.
- Head to Frost Bar for some fantastic cocktails at après time.
- Enjoy a bit of peace & quiet in the library, with complimentary tea & coffee provided every morning.
- Sample local produce & wine at Leonora - inspired by French and Spanish cuisine
The Sebastian Vail is different from most ski resort hotels. Its retro look gives it a hip, city vibe, which isn’t that common in this well-established village, or even most other resorts. However it’s still comfortable and relaxed enough to ensure a good night’s sleep at the end of an exhilarating day on the slopes.
Downstairs, the lobby bar Frost is the coolest place in town for a drink any time from a micro brew at Apres to a late night cocktail. The martinis are delicious... potentially a little too delicious!
But despite all the happenings downstairs, The Sebastian's hotel rooms upstairs are blissfully peaceful. The beds are comfy and covered in Egyptian cotton linens, allowing you to sleep off the worst of your après excesses. The rooms at the Sebastian are well appointed, however the entry-level Classic rooms are a bit on the small side and remain unrenovated (still furnished with brown tones). The only thing they’re really missing is a view, however that probably won’t matter for most of you, as you’ll either be sleeping, skiing or enjoying a drink downstairs for the majority of your stay. Many rooms are able to be interconnected, such as a hotel room & 1 bedroom, which provides good options for families & groups.
A step-up from the hotel rooms are the 1-4 bedroom suites which are a lot larger, and provide superb views of the slopes from the balcony. However, there are only a few of these suites available, making them hard to get.
The Sebastian hotel has a bunch of wonderful amenities that you can enjoy, including swimming in the pool, relaxing in the spa and hot tub, receiving a treatment at the Bloom Spa, working out in the fitness centre, and enjoying an excellent meal in the hotel’s fine dining restaurant, Leonora. Scout was particularly impressed with Base Camp – which is The Sebastian’s exclusive slope-side ski locker room. While you’re putting on your boots, the valet will happily get your skis ready in time for Gondola One to whisk you up to the top of mountain. By which time we assure you your hangover will be but a distant memory.
The Sebastian Vail is located right on the edge of the village, so within walking distance to the best restaurants & bars. A free shuttle to the base is also provided by the hotel, and the free town shuttle stop is located right next door so access to the best of Vail resort is incredibly convenient.
The Sebastian caters to a mix of young, hip urbanites, and families looking for a fun stay in Vail.
On the edge of Vail village, The Sebastian offers both access and seclusion. It’s only about a 10 minute walk to Gondola One, plus guests can make the most of the slopeside valet. Guest are within close proximity to local restaurants, shops and bars of Vail Village.
- <10 min walk to lifts
If Aspen is Hollywood then Vail is Wall St - popular with the money-never-sleeps-but-it-does-wear-Bogner set. Attracting tens of thousands of visitors a year, it’s quite the place to be seen, and to ski! Luxury is standard at Vail, the pedestrian-friendly village weaves around the buildings and has a wonderful European-style feel to it. The mountain terrain (one of the largest in the world) boasts perfectly groomed corduroy, powder stashes galore, and pristine tree skiing. Team this up with endless accommodation options, easy access from Denver, and one of the best après scenes in North America, it's no surprise Vail is a favourite among local and international ski enthusiasts.
20/21 SKI RESORT OPERATIONS: Vail Resorts will be making changes to mountain access and resort facilities, and implementing safety protocols for this season. Up-to-date information for Vail can be found here.
Read more about Vail and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- airport transportation (surcharge)
- babysitting or childcare
- beauty services
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- computer rental
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- full-service health spa
- health club
- in-room accessibility
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- medical assistance available
- multilingual staff
- number of spa tubs - 4
- parking (surcharge)
- pets allowed
- roll-in shower
- room service
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa services on site
- steam room
- swimming pool - outdoor
- technology support staff
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Sebastian. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.