- Nestled in the mountainside high above Northstar Village, this is a stunning setting for a ski hotel
- There are some great dining options including Manzanita – a fine dining restaurant that has a completely open kitchen, allowing you to watch the chefs at work
- There’s a peaceful lap pool for adults only
- There’s an après event called ‘Marshmology’ which is held by the fire pit, where you can discover new flavors of marshmallows invented daily by the chef
- The natural materials that have been utilized throughout the hotel are in keeping with the history of the area
- The hotel is LEED certified – making it a great choice for eco-conscious travelers.
- Valet parking is the only parking option and is a little pricey
- The hotel is a true ski-in ski-out property, however it is also only a short distance to Northstar Village. The hotel’s Cadillac Escalades run on a shuttle system to the village. Alternatively, a gondola also runs to the village and continues running until 10.30pm in winter
- Take advantage of the super deep soaking tubs after a long day on the slopes
Like most of the hotels in the high-end category, The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe is beautiful and luxurious in every way. Those with discerning taste will not be disappointed.
The rooms have been elegantly decorated in a modern mountain style, each with a gas fireplace, huge bathroom, deep soaking tub, and plenty of storage space hidden behind the wooden panel doors. Choose between rooms with a king bed or two queens, and no view or mountain view. Deluxe rooms are also available. The suites, meanwhile, have a separate living area with a sleeper sofa and separate bath, master bedroom, slopeside views and juliet balcony. Most sleep two guests, with the option of connecting a second bedoom with two queen beds, ideal for families.
The wood theme continues throughout the rest of the building – symbolic of Lake Tahoe’s history. (The area was completely logged by early settlers and then reforested centuries ago – take note of the giant tree trunk that forms the centre of the lobby area).
While there are only 170 rooms, the hotel feels bigger due to the extensive facilities within the building. A full service spa (with 16 rooms), a salon, a huge gym and a spin studio are just some of the distractions that will try to tempt you away from the slopes. With such wonderful dining options on site, including the stunning Manzanita, you won't have to leave the hotel! The Backyard BBQ is a top choice for families who seek hearty pizza, burgers and traditional BBQ fare, and for those wanting contemporary cuisine (and a great wine or two) the Living Room is our top pick. Après is simply unforgettable at The Highland Bar, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning Sierra mountain views. Grab and go breakfast at Cafe Blue is also a good way to kick off your day on the slopes.
Finally, this hotel is a great choice if you’re travelling with your family. The ‘Ritz Kids’ program, for instance, provides supervised activities for kids aged 5-12. If they’re out on the slopes having a ski lesson, there’s a good chance you can watch them from the comfort of the outdoor hot tub, since the beginner’s ski area is located on the other side of the pool. And a full ski valet service makes getting the whole family onto the slopes a breeze.
The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe offers unbeatable luxury lodging for those seeking the ultimate ski-in ski-out experience in Northstar.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel would suit skiers looking for a luxury ski-in ski-out hotel experience in the Lake Tahoe area.
Tucked up in the slopes of Northstar ski area, the Ritz-Carlton is a gondola ride or short drive down to the main village area. The hotel is ski-in ski-out. It is about 50 minutes’ drive from Reno Airport. It’s also 15 minutes to Truckee and a further 15 minutes to the Squaw Alpine Ski Resort.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Northstar California Resort is one of the lesser known Tahoe ski resorts, so most people who come here are pleasantly surprised. The resort has undergone gigantic improvements in recent years and the European-style village is now a vibrant and happening place that has a wonderful homely feel. There’s a variety of accommodation options, shops, bars and restaurants on pedestrian-only walkways that meander around buildings and an ice-skating rink. Oh, and the skiing is pretty good too!
Read more about Northstar and other hotels in the area.
- arcade/game room
- babysitting or childcare
- beauty services
- children's club
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- full-service health spa
- gift shops or newsstand
- hair salon
- health club
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- pets allowed
- room service (24 hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- shopping on site
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- spa services on site
- spa tub
- steam room
- supervised childcare/activities
- swimming pool - children's
- swimming pool - outdoor
- valet parking (surcharge)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.