- The hotel’s luxurious, modern vibe.
- The staff are friendly and helpful.
- Rooms are spacious and offer generous storage.
- The views from the rooms offer beautiful views of forests or mountains.
- The restaurant, Antlers, serves only Western-style dishes. We’ve heard it’s fantastic.
- You can walk to the lifts at the Happo Kokusai base area (which also includes a ski school). It takes 5-10 minutes along a fairly busy but flat road and over a small bridge.
- The hotel is primarily furnished in a Westernized style, though all rooms have soji doors (Japanese screens). It’s perfect for those seeking creature comforts over Japanese authenticity.
The Ridge Hakuba is a fantastic, modern hotel and apartment complex in a prime location. It’s a luxurious accommodation option in Hakuba.
Located in ‘Lower Wadano’, the Ridge is about a five-minute walk from the ski slopes and has a small selection of bars and restaurants within a short walking distance. It’s on a large block of land surrounded by woodlands, so it feels secluded and peaceful.
The building was originally built for the Japanese Imperial Family to use during the 1998 Winter Olympics – and it’s clear that they chose the best spot. After a stint as the Hakuba Hana Hotel, a group of Australians eventually bought it and transformed the place into the luxurious and modern hotel it is today.
In terms of the hotel rooms, there are a good range of options available – including kings, twins, triples and combination rooms. The only thing they don’t really offer is cooking appliances – although they do all have tea and coffee making facilities, as well as fridges.
Alternatively, if you need a bit more space and full self-catering facilities, the studios and apartments are great. All of them are furnished in a Westernized style with a Japanese influence of Soji Doors (Japanese screens) and they’re all spacious – even the studios have generous living areas, and all have full kitchens.
And if you are looking to be truly spoilt, opt for a Penthouse room – with floor-to-ceiling windows that boast 270 degree mountain and forest views. The penthouse also has a spa bath in the bathroom.
There are a ton of inclusions at The Ridge as well as some handy facilities. Firstly, the rate includes breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant, Antlers, at which we’ve heard you can even obtain Vegemite. Secondly, the hotel offers daily transfers to supermarkets and restaurants (as well as bus station pick ups and drop offs). Thirdly, there are DVDs, books and magazines available to loan; a kids’ games room; ski lockers and a drying room; a daily maid service, and communal washers and dryers. Meanwhile, rooms have king beds that can be split into twins, making this hotel handy for those travelling with kids or groups of friends.
And to top it all off, the service here is great. Mostly staffed by a team of Westerners, the staff are friendly and efficient, and will happily make all sorts of bookings and recommendations. A stay at The Ridge Hakuba will not only be luxurious, it will be easy and relaxing.
Couples seeking a romantic and luxurious hotel room. The Ridge would also suit families wanting the same in an apartment or combined hotel rooms. This hotel would suit anyone who wants a Westernized style of accommodation, in a great location.
The Ridge is located in Wadano. This area has a cluster of hotels, restaurants, bars and shops (including rental) and is about a 5-10 minute walk to one of the Happo-one base areas. You can walk to the main village of Happo, but there are shuttle busses also available.
- <10 min walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
The Hakuba Valley is one of Japan's most popular ski destinations for Westerners. Made up of 10 ski resorts, including the most well-known Happo One, Cortina, Iwatake, Goryu, and Hakuba 47, there are plenty of options for skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels. Whether you're a powderhound in search of some epic pow turns, or just looking for some mellow cuisey groomers, you're sure to fall in love with the Hakuba region. Happo (the main village) and the surrounding districts of Wadano and Echoland have everything you need for your ski holiday, including international snowsports schools, rentals, guiding options, convenience stores, and countless restaurants and bars. The area is particularly Westernised to cater for the international skier, however, you can still experience glimpses of Japanese culture via local restaurants, onsens, and day tours. Close to Tokyo, Nagano and other ski resorts in the region, Hakuba is a perfect option for first time families, couples, and those who enjoy the Western comforts of home.
Read more about Hakuba and other hotels in the area.
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- business center
- fireplace in lobby
- laundry facilities
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- tours/ticket assistance
- The hotel and rooms are non-smoking
- Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival.
- The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as booking fees.
- Any incidental charges will be handled directly between you and the property.
- Extra-person charges will apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Ridge Hotel & Apartments. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.