- One of the best-located hotels in Vail – near the centre of the village, yet steps from the slopes.
- The old school glamour throughout.
- The hotel’s spa area has great facilities that are available for all guests regardless of whether they’re getting a massage – including hot tubs, steam rooms and a lovely yoga studio.
- A sense of history. Be sure to check out the photos around the walls including some hilarious posed shots from the 70s and 80s.
- The horse-shoe layout of the hotel means some of the rooms have less of a view of the mountains and face communal areas such as the pool.
- Lodge rooms are relatively small.
- Kids will love the outdoor s'mores area plus a hot chocolate by the cosy lobby fire.
- The condos are privately owned and individually decorated. The hotel ensures they must maintain a Platinum resort ranking.
When Vail Mountain opened in December 1962 with just one gondola, two chairlifts, eight ski instructors and a $5 lift ticket, the US Forest Service stipulated that there must be at least one lodge with a minimum of 30 sleeping rooms. That place was The Lodge at Vail – and thus began the development of one of the world’s most popular ski villages.
Sadly lift tickets are no longer $5, but The Lodge at Vail has endured as one of the area’s most popular places to stay. Despite being completely modern in terms of its amenities and service, especially after a few makeovers, The Lodge at Vail has thankfully retained a sense of rustic charm that has all but disappeared from many of the larger hotels now dominating the village. It escapes much of the superfluous glitz and glamour associated with some of these other hotels too, giving The Lodge a more laid-back feel.
The hotel rooms at the Lodge at Vail are cosy, not alot of extra room to spread out, but you are in Vail so you're most likely be spending the majority of your time on the slopes or at apres (or shopping!). The majority of the rooms have either King beds or two Queen beds, and an extra Sofa Sleeper can be arranged. All the condos are 2 bedroom, making it a perfect option for families, and they can be joined to hotel rooms, creating even more space for the larger family units.
The service, however, is far from laid-back – guests are made to feel very pampered. It’s not surprising therefore that The Lodge has many repeat customers, some of whom stay for months at a time.
Meanwhile, the facilities are 5 star, and with a great pool area, including two hot tubs and a small bar area this hotel is the perfect place to relax. Come winter, this area is likely to be a popular place for après – giving you the chance to enjoy a drink or two while soaking your muscles in the hot tub.
Despite the fact that this hotel is one of the closest to the slopes, it still offers a slope-side valet service, enabling you to pop out of your skis at the end of the day so you don’t have to carry them a step further. The hotel does offer a complimentary on-demand shuttle service throughout Vail, so getting around couldn't get any easier. The Lodge at Vail also features an Elway’s Restaurant – started by the famous Denver Broncos quarterback John Elway – who must have had a taste for big steaks and fine wines. Not that we’re complaining!
The Lodge at Vail is great for those seeking charm with a side of glitz and glamour, and who command a ski-in ski-out hotel in Vail.
The Lodge at Vail is in a fantastic central location, right in the heart of Vail Village and on the edge of the ski slopes. It’s only a few steps to Gondola One, so access to the slopes each morning is easy. The Lodge at Vail is close to local restaurants, shops and bars.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
If Aspen is Hollywood then Vail is Wall St - popular with the money-never-sleeps-but-it-does-wear-Bogner set. Attracting tens of thousands of visitors a year, it’s quite the place to be seen, and to ski! Luxury is standard at Vail, the pedestrian-friendly village weaves around the buildings and has a wonderful European-style feel to it. The mountain terrain (one of the largest in the world) boasts perfectly groomed corduroy, powder stashes galore, and pristine tree skiing. Team this up with endless accommodation options, easy access from Denver, and one of the best après scenes in North America, it's no surprise Vail is a favourite among local and international ski enthusiasts.
20/21 SKI RESORT OPERATIONS: Vail Resorts will be making changes to mountain access and resort facilities, and implementing safety protocols for this season. Up-to-date information for Vail can be found here.
Read more about Vail and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- airport transportation
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fitness facilities
- full-service health spa
- laundry facilities
- parking (surcharge)
- pool table
- room service
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- shopping on site
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- swimming pool - outdoor
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Lodge at Vail. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.