- The wide range of room types - from hotel rooms to 4 bedroom condos
- This complex IS the base of Park City Mountain.
- Some of the condos have incredible views of the slopes through huge atrium windows.
- Each room has a fireplace and balcony
- Washer and dryer is available in almost every unit
- Furnishings vary from condo to condo, due to the fact they’re individually owned. The Lodge classifies the more basic units as ‘standard’ while those that have been more recently refurbished are classed as ‘deluxe’.
- Some of the condos are right on top of the bus stop and can be noisy.
- There are no food and beverage services in The Lodge (though there are plenty right outside the door).
- The building is getting old (it was built about 35 years ago) so some condos can feel a little run down.
- The hotel rooms are small – as tiny as 200 square feet, and the studios all have murphy beds.
It can be difficult to figure out where to stay in a place as big as Park City (and that’s not even including The Canyons and Deer Valley). If you’re there to ski, the best approach is to narrow down your options into two categories: downtown or mountainside. Downtown properties are right in the thick of the action and provide proximity to happening après venues. Thanks to the town lifts, they still make it fairly easy to get to the slopes. The mountainside properties, meanwhile, are situated at the base of the mountain, which is about a five minute drive away from Main Street.
The Lodge at Mountain Village provides a range of decent accommodation options in the mountainside area. The complex itself was built when Park City Mountain was going through a big growth spurt in the 1980s so can feel a little dated, but the rooms are comfortable and there are plenty of types to choose from.
What this place offers is variety – there’s something for all types of skiers. Whether you’re a weekend warrior who is just there to ski hard and play hard for a couple of days, or a parent taking the kids on a longer holiday, The Lodge has options that will suit.
The privately owned rooms are categorised as ‘standard’ or ‘deluxe’ which dictates the standard of the upkeep – you get what you pay for. The standard rooms and condos can sometimes be quite basic and dated, but it won’t matter if you’re not particularly fussy. The deluxe units however feature upscale furnishing and fixtures, flat screen TVs in the living area and master bedroom, deluxe bedding, updated kitchens, and updated bathrooms. They also tend to have soaring atrium ceilings, large wooden beams and plenty of space. Some are as nice as the luxury hotels in the area, and so well worth the small increase in price. Although, it’s hard to complain when you factor in the unbeatable location at the base of the mountain.
The Lodge boasts an indoor-outdoor heated pool, multiple hot tubs—both indoors and out—and an on-site fitness centre. Outside your door you’ll find an ice rink, restaurants, shops, rentals, lift tickets, a ski school and ski lifts. In terms of location, it doesn’t get much more convenient!
The Lodge at Mountain Village would suit weekend warriors who want to ski hard, aren’t too fussy, and are looking for a good value option at the base of the mountain. It would also suit families or bigger groups who are looking for a nicely appointed condo that’s close to everything.
The property is located at the base of Park City Mountain, about a five minute drive away from Main Street. All Seasons Resort Lodging, which manages the property, has a shuttle that will take you to Park City and Deer Valley on request. The public bus is also departs from right out the front of the hotel.
You can find a great map of the Park City Mountain Base Area and location of The Lodge at Mountain Village here.
- Short walk to lifts
About Park City
Park City has a combination of several elements that make it one of the best ski resorts in North America. Not only is it a world-class ski mountain but it’s a charming and happening town, all within 35 minutes of a major airport. There aren’t many places you can fly to in the morning and be skiing in the afternoon. Park City is also famous for hosting a third of the events during the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, as well as the annual Sundance Film Festival that sees the town bursting at the seams while the well-heeled and famous party. When a gondola was built connecting neighbouring Canyons resort to Park City Resort the area became one and the name Canyons was eventually dropped. Park City Mountain now offers a mammoth amount of terrain to explore (with two village bases - Mountain Village and Canyons Village), exceptional facilities for families, and lodging options to suit all budgets.
20/21 SKI RESORT OPERATIONS: Vail Resorts will be making changes to mountain access and resort facilities, and implementing safety protocols for this season. Up-to-date information for Park City can be found here.
Read more about Park City and other hotels in the area.
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- audiovisual equipment
- banquet facilities
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- conference center
- event catering
- fireplace in lobby
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- free parking
- laundry facilities
- meeting facilities size (feet) - 7000
- meeting facilities size (meters) - 650
- number of spa tubs - 2
- parking garage
- secure parking
- security guard
- self parking (surcharge)
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- smoke-free property (fines apply)
- steam room
- swimming pool - indoor
- swimming pool - outdoor
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Lodge at the Mountain Village. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.