- The personalized service from the friendly staff (you'll feel like you're the only guest!)
- The property is in an incredible location – right in the heart of Aspen and right on the slopes. It really can’t get any better.
- The best nightly turndown service that Scout has come across.
- An amazing ski concierge service.
- All rooms feature a gas fireplace to cosy up around.
- An underground jazz club operates on weekends in winter – but shh, it’s a bit of a secret!
- Enjoy the fully-stocked refreshment bar, with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and snacks refreshed daily
- The one bedroom suites do not come with a full kitchen.
- Mountain views incur a higher price, so requests most likely won’t be fulfilled unless you’re willing to pay for it.
- Rollaways are full sized beds.
- Ask about the hotel's Powder Cat tour - a cat-skiing experience exclusive to guests at The Little Nell.
Of the three major top-end hotels, The Little Nell is the only one in the heart of town that’s a truly ski-in ski-out Aspen hotel. But the luxurious slope-side locale is just the beginning.
Every element of a stay here has been perfected right down to the last little detail, which is what makes The Little Nell truly special. This includes the chocolates and the little book of short stories that’s placed on your pillow during the turndown service (not to mention the jar of water on your bedside table and the slippers by your bed). The bathrooms are fabulous too – with fresh flowers, oversized toiletry packs, and separate men’s and women’s vanities. The Townside Guestrooms are perfect for a romantic ski vacation, and the spacious lounge and fireplace offer a nice spot to cosy up of an evening. With the option of Standard and Premium rooms (with vaulted ceilings and a little more space), and either Town or Mountainside views, there is a room at The Little Nell hotel to suit everyone.
The Little Nell has been designed with all guest rooms styled in the Aspen modern style (i.e. contemporary western) by Holly Hunt – creating a look that’s simple yet stylish. It provides a refreshing change from the French provincial mood of the old days – heavy antiques have been replaced by stunning modern furnishings that wouldn’t be out of place in a 5th Avenue penthouse. The hotel itself has undergone recent renovations (not that it needed it), and now boasts a fantastic lobby area with fireplace - a perfect spot for a glass of wine and to be immersed in a good book.
Staff will go out of their way to make sure everything meets your satisfaction, and even with 92 rooms the service feels quite personal. Pretty much everyone knows your name – even if you don’t happen to have celebrity status. The staff to guest ratio is higher than many of the hotels in Aspen, which families will appreciate. The Little Nell also boasts a fantastic ski valet, ensuring all your ski gear is ready to go for the morning, right next to the main Aspen Mountain Gondola.
Due to its central location, The Little Nell is also quite the happening scene for après. A relaxed and comfortable lounge area serves up great drinks and food from the next door Element 47 – a new restaurant with a 20,000 bottle cellar. The scene here is to ‘be seen’, so don’t be surprised if the person next to your orders a $10,000 bottle of wine for a casual afternoon drink. And don’t miss the Terrace Bar which has a fantastic cocktail hour.
The Little Nell is a perfect luxury Aspen hotel, ideal for families and couples who are after that little bit (or a lot) more style and convenience to their Aspen ski vacation.
Who should stay here
The Little Nell Hotel is for those who want to be in the thick of the Aspen scene, and who expect the best in life. Families from all over the world mix with couples on romantic getaways – all seem to work well together.
The Little Nell is located in the heart of downtown Aspen, right on the slopes next to the Aspen Mountain gondola. It really doesn’t get any better than this for Aspen! Local restaurants, shops and bars are all within walking distance, plus the hotel offers complimentary Airport transfers (Aspen Airport) and skier shuttles to All Four Mountains of Aspen Snowmass.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Aspen Snowmass
Nestled deep in the heart of the Rockies, Aspen is the jewel in the crown of Colorado skiing with four big mountains for skiers to choose from. The resort is best known for its glitz and glamour, and while that’s true, there’s certainly a part of the town’s personality that is down-to-earth and relaxed. This is probably the result of its mining heritage combined with a resort offering some of the country’s best ski terrain and fabulous powder. Whether you're a family looking for your next memorable ski vacation, and avid powderhound, or a hopeless romantic in search of a classic ski-to-après experience, Aspen ticks all the boxes for everyone - there's a reason Scout always goes back to Aspen to ski!
Read more about Aspen Snowmass and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- airport transportation (complimentary)
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- babysitting or childcare
- coffee/tea in lobby
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge desk
- currency exchange
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- gift shops or newsstand
- health club
- limo or town car service available
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- multilingual staff
- number of restaurants - 3
- parking (surcharge)
- pets allowed
- room service (24 hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- shopping on site
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- steam room
- swimming pool - outdoor
- technology support staff
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Little Nell. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.