- The huge walk-in showers in the spacious ensuites and rooms with soaker tubs
- The comfortable love seats in the king rooms
- Fantastic bar with live music for après ski
- Personalised turn-down service
- Never lift a finger with the wonderful ski valet, ready to take your skis as soon as you enter the hotel
- Start your day with a scrumptious breakfast at the Velvet Restaurant, and finish a long day on the slopes with a drink or two at the bar watching the last of the skiers head down the hill
- Don't miss a meet and greet (and a walk!) with the most important hotel guest - Russell the Bernese Mountain Dog
The Josie Hotel is the newest boutique ski-in, ski-out hotel at Red Mountain Resort, filling the gap perfectly for those skiers who seek a hip and upmarket hotel with prime access for exploring the slopes. You really can't get much closer to the famous Powder Highway snow than this!
From the moment you walk into the stunning lobby of The Josie Hotel you will never want to leave. Whether it's the crackling fireplace, or comfy couches (with boardgames to match), or the refurbished chairlifts hanging from the ceiling, it seems like The Josie has raised the bar when it comes to trendy ski hotels in Canada (something that has been missing in the market for quite awhile). The staff are warm and welcoming, and greet you with a smile that you're sure to see every time you leave your room to ski - true Rossland mountain hospitality with an inner-city feel.
The guest rooms at The Josie truly make the most of their alpine location with spectacular views across the valley and slopes. All bedrooms have been designed with comfortable king or queen beds and spacious ensuite with large walk-in showers. We particularly love nestling up on the cozy love seats with a wine, or spoiling ourselves with a nice, long soak in the deep tub (available in some rooms). There are a range of rooms on offer, from standard guest rooms to studio suites, and many options of view (partial, valleyside, or slopeside views). The decor is modern and chic, with touches of calming hues that make the rooms feel even more luxurious. Being under the Noble House banner, The Josie offers unparalleled levels of service and style throughout the hotel, which is evident with the little touches (like super soft robes, designer bath products, and heavenly pillows) that make you want to skip skiing altogether and hole up in your own little oasis for the day. When Scout were lucky to stay in Red we loved returning home from dinner to an up-to-date ski report for the following few days and personalised turn-down service.
The on-site facilities at The Josie Hotel are also something to write home about. The hotel restaurant and bar look set to become a new après ski favourite with cosy booths, slope-side tables, and bar stools for every kind of mood. Start your day with a hearty breakfast, or pop in for a light meal (the burgers are amazing) or sharing platter for lunch, and unwind with a nightcap after a long day on the slopes - The Velvet really does have something for everyone. The hotel boasts a concierge service, ski storage and valet, and even a wellness spa and fitness centre. Choose a massage or a daily yoga class to help you relax and unwind while soothing your tight muscles. There is a Get Lost Adventure Centre located nearby for you to make the most of your ski vacation and sign up for a heli-ski, cat-ski, or guided mountain adventure. There are plans for an outdoor pool and hot tub on the horizon, which will take the slopside appeal of The Josie Hotel to a whole other level.
The Josie Hotel is a fantastic ski-in ski-out lodging option in Red Mountain, perfect for couples and solo skiers who seek a little style to their ski vacation and a change from the standard ski hotel or condo. It is sure to become one of the must-stay spots in BC - we almost didn't want to share it with you and keep it just for ourselves!
The Josie Hotel is perfect for those seeking a boutique hotel experience with ski-in, ski-out access to the Red Mountain Resort slopes.
The Josie Hotel is located at the base of the Red Mountain Resort with ski-in, ski-out access to the closest chairlift. Thanks to the great on-site facilities you won't even need to leave the hotel to access amenities (apart from the mountains of course!).
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Red Mountain
Away from all the crowds and purpose-built ski resorts, Red Mountain boasts some of the best powder skiing in North America. Unfettered by overdevelopment, the resort boasts a distinct lack of crowds, fresh lines, and a rich mountain tradition. The resort itself is one of a kind, with 360 degree descents, incredible off-piste, and in-resort cat-skiing. Wide-open groomed runs, epic vertical, annual snowfall of almost 7.6m, and the best tree runs in BC, it's truely a wonder that Red has remained under the radar over the years. Canada's best-kept secret has to be explored to be believed!
Read more about Red Mountain and other hotels in the area.
- Ski Valet
- Fitness Room
- Fitness Classes
- Private Space For Hire
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
15% Off Early Bird Deal!
Save up to 15% OFF when you book 4+ nights at the Josie! Plus FREE breakfast daily! T&Cs apply.
Book 4 or more nights at The Josie and save 15% Off! PLUS book before October 31 and receive free breakfast daily for 2. T&Cs apply.
|Valid: Nov 9, 2023 - Apr 22, 2024, book by Oct 31, 2023|
* Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates within the applicable travel periods.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.